“Not what we expected” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Late Night
Newport News, Virginia
“Not what we expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Smell from the parking lot had our mouths watering. Upon entering the doors we were met by a full waiting area of people, with folks fighting their way through to make it to the restrooms which were located in the same area. (poor design) Wait was about 20-30 minutes so we decided to sit at the bar and have a drink. I have to say that the bartenders on shift were the slowest I have seen at a major chain. We were seated in a high table next to the bar and had a good view of the restaurant. Noted that there was inconsistant service from the waiting staff due to backups with orders and the registers behind the bar. We were lucky enough to have a very good waiter who was on time with our orders and always available when we needed anything. As for the food, well it was nothing to make us want to come back anytime soon. The St. Louis and Baby Back ribs were pretty good, as was the smoked spicy sausage. The rest was just average or below average for taste. (spring rolls, chicken strips, cheese fries, mashed potatoes with brown gravy, and the slaw) This place needs some serious adjustment with customer service and quality of taste to the food.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Hampton, Virginia
“Awful Food”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Went here on a word from a friend... it was the worst place to eat. I had ordered a chicken breast and it came to the table still raw in the middle my husband ordered the ribs and he was so sick after eating them.

“Disappointed Again!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I went to SB for a late dinner. I ordered the rib combo with smoked wings, a 2nd order of smoke wings and an order of their Mac & cheese that costs $4.00+. The Mac & cheese didn't look anything like the picture on the menu. The portion was very small as well. The smoked wings were pretrified. They were dry and hard. I wish that there would be some consistency I. The quality of their food. I also stood at the podium over five minutes before anyone greeted me. workers were in the are just looked at me and kept on doing what they were doing. Service needs improvement.

Stuttgart
“Real smokehouse flavor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The ribs are great, I go to the bar and never have to wait for a table. Reasonably priced located near Gordon Birsch and the Yardhouse in the mall parking lot.

Visited July 2012
Williamstown, Massachusetts
“The best BBQ around”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We first discovered Smokey Bones in Florida and now we look for the restaurant wherever we travel. This location in Virginia is always on our list for dinner. The food is very good and the service generally quick. We have eaten at some of the other noted BBQ places in the area and we like this the best. The pulled pork is delicious as is the grilled chicken. I like to be able to get a vegetable or salad as a side just to eat slightly healthier than having just BBQ. There are specials on beer, some nights wings are a special price, etc. There are TVs in the bar area and you can watch a game if you want while you eat. Again it's a must for us.

Visited November 2012