“My all time favorite” 5 of 5 stars

“My all time favorite”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

Janet
A real family meal!

This has to be the best restaurant I've ever been to for both food and service. The lobster salad for lunch is my favorite. I especially like the Thanksgiving buffet. Everyone who works there makes you feel like family. I have their cookbook but it's not the same as having Betty and the others fix it for you.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Virginia Beach
“Wonderful Breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2014

While staying at the nearby Marriot City Center I ventured around the lake to this restaurant for breakfast. It was Saturday and they had a buffet set up which looked very good. I felt like trying their waffle though so ordered a combo of waffle, 2 eggs and choice sausage, bacon, ham or cornbeef hash. The breakfast was wonderful everything done perfectly. The waffle came with melted butter and lightly dusted with powdered sugar and a cup of warm maple sugar. It was very good and not at all over or under cooked. The scrambled eggs were also done just right and I ordered the link sausage which were nice large very tasty country link sausage not the small skinny cheap ones. The coffee and OJ I had were also very good. I would highly recommend this restaurant for breakfast and hope to come back and try them out for lunch too, especially after seeing the dessert case at check out. The home-made cookies and desserts looked very good. The restaurant in family owned and it seems they put a lot of care and effort into presenting wonderful food.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorktown, Virginia
“Excellent desserts!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2014

My husband and I enjoy lunches here but we like the breakfasts even better. The homemade soups are a very welcome treat on a cold day. The service is very good and the staff is very welcoming.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Seaford, Virginia
“It doesn't get any better than this!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2014

I have been attending this restaurant for over 20 years and look forward every time I know I can go again. I have NEVER had anything except the finest cuisine! Truly, quality control is exhibited here. Breakfast is wonderful, but lunch is beyond exceptional!! No matter what you order, I know you will be satisfied. If you have to go "out-of-your-way to get here...DO IT!! You will not be disappointed! ENJOY!!!

• Visited March 2014
Puryear, TN
“Surprising find”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

Found this accidentally while shopping at City Center - Oyster Point. Great homemade sandwiches and soup ! Old diner feel with experienced waitress sans piercings ! Give this a try, you'll like it.

• Visited May 2014