“Yummy!” 4 of 5 stars

757-989-0731
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Tuscany Ristorante Italiano is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #23 of 366 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Families with children, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Turnbery Blvd
Newport News, Virginia
“Yummy!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Been eating here on and off for a few years now and have always been pleased with service, taste, quality an especially quantity of food per serving. Love the garlic knotts. Would recommend if its Italian you are craving.

• Visited December 2012

Gilbert, Arizona
“Real Italian Food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

Went to Tuscany for the first time for a recognition dinner. After living in Europe for 5 years, I'm alway skeptical about "Italian" restaurants. I was so happy they picked this place. I now have a real Italian restaurant to go to. It was like I was right back in Italy.

The service was fabulous! The food was authentic Italian! I can't wait to go back!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport News, Virginia
“too pricey”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2012

we went there on a saturday afternoon for lunch. The first thing you smell is cigarette when you walk in. They seated us but the place did not smell clean. The prices for the food for lunch was ridiculous.

Visited October 2012
HAMPTON
“Excellent Food at a Great Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

Last week we went to Tuscany for the first time with friends. The atmosphere was very nice and the waitstaff very attentive & friendly. We all ordered from the "2 dinners for $20" menu and had a fabulous meal! The appetiser it came with was more than enough for 2 and the tossed salad delicious and plentiful. The sauce was delicious and the pasta cooked just right (not soft or mushy). Our meals were wonderful and we all agreed we want to go back soon!

“Pros and Cons”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

Overall, our family dining experience was good. The food was above average, the service was good, and the atmosphere was average. First, the food, which is why we came. The family style salad was nice, fresh, tasty. Would have been nice to let us know in advance that it's family style so I wouldn't be wondering why they didn't ask me what dressing I wanted. Our drinks were flat, just a lack of attention to detail. We had Bruschetta which was prepared as a flat-bread with the tomatoes et al heaped in the middle. It was very good. The bread they served was like an imitation garlic knot. It was like a dinner roll, but the crust was too thin to hold onto the flavor of the butter and oil, and the dough was nonexistent. Pass. Two of us had fish. Both dishes were very well cooked and tasty but under-seasoned. Good. My pasta was very good. Her Orzo was mushy and flavorless. My daughter special-ordered some baked gnocchi. They were accommodating with the order and it was very good. I had some of her left over sauce, that's how I know how unsatisfactory those garlic knots were.

My biggest concern is that the vibe is just not customer friendly. It's summed up by the fact that you are greeted at the door by a big colorful sign that lists a number of ways that they won't accommodate you. You know, only one coupon per table. Don't believe the menus you see on the internet. We don't take American Express. No pizza on Friday and Saturday. When you combine that with the flat soda, the helpful but minimally informative wait staff, the weird bread-style food product, and the underseasoned food you just start to wonder who's doing who a favor by being here tonight. Know what I mean? Restaurants are well advised, in my opinion, to keep in mind that they are selling a dining experience. I'm here now, but will I come back? Eh.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere