“Pet Friendly, Nice Staff, GREAT price!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jameson Inn & Suites

You added Jameson Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Jameson Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Old Oyster Point Rd., Newport News, VA 23602 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Hagerstown
“Pet Friendly, Nice Staff, GREAT price!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 20, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while visiting Williamsburg. We were in need of a pet friendly hotel since our small dog was with us this trip. The pet fee was $15 per night. The rooms were a bit worn and in need of some updating, but all in all acceptable for the low price we paid and the fact that they allowed our pet. The pool area was really nice and has a hot tub also. It wasn't busy so my kids got it to themselves most of the time during our visit. The rooms were well insulated and sound proof which made it nice for sleeping. There is also a small gym area with treadmill, elliptical, and bike. A simple breakfast is offered with the room, donuts, muffins, coffee, juice, waffles, toast located in a decent size dining area with TV and newspapers. There are plenty of choices nearby for shopping and eating too, but none within easy walking distance. The staff was nice and helpful. The place overall needs some updating but it was a good stay with a pet along. Without a pet we would have chosen something more updated. Good choice for pet travelers.

Room Tip: One of the best for price and allowing pets with a $15 charge.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
Thank you for your honest review. We are very pleased you decided to stay here at Jameson Inn & Suites of Newport News. We appreciate the good and bad points. We are currently upgrading our room furniture, unfortunately it did not come early enough for the summer season. We do look forward to seeing you and your four legged family member back at Jameson Inn & Suites of Newport News.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is about the 3rd time we've stayed here. We stay here when we visit my child who attends a local college. Since we bring our 2 small dogs, we need a pet friendly hotel. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. This isn't a fancy hotel for anyone looking for something 5 star. What it does offer are clean rooms, clean bathroom, safe location, place for the dogs to stretch their legs and a very friendly staff.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
We appreciate your heartfelt, honest review of our hotel. We look forward to accommodating you and your four legged family on your next visit to Newport News. I'd simply like to say THANK YOU!
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have had the best experience while staying at the Jameson Inn Suites! first off I would like to say ED the front agent has been so wonderful and kind and there's nothing like meeting someone at a place of business with such outgoing and outstanding personality . I am very pleased and outstanded with the service and very pleased . Anywho I would like to stay the room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was just another excitement to my start of the day. A variety of stuff to choose choose from, and also very clean and appetizing ! I will definitely come again! Thank you ED for making my stay enjoyable!

• Stayed April 2014
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We especially like the fact that Ed was the focus. We hate to boast but his customer service skills are what we admire most about him. Again thank you for staying with us at Jameosn Inn & Suites of Newport News and taking the time to write such a wonderful review!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night. For the price I paid, I was very happy. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean, had a flat screen tv, and a microwave/mini-fridge. The bathroom was also very large, and the shower had good water pressure. The hotel could improve the breakfast, however. There is not much to choose from. I had a bagel with cream cheese. There was also instant oatmeal available to cook yourself in a microwave, boiled eggs in a crockpot, waffles, two types of cereal, and mini-muffins. Given the price point, I was fine with the bagel. If you are on a budget, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do appreciate these types of reviews because it gives us an opportunity to see things from our valued guests perspective. As many enjoy hearing the positive we also enjoy the points to grow on. Again, thank you for staying with us at Jameson Inn & Suites of Newport News!
Ravenna mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We got here at 300 am they charged us for a entire night instead of just an early check in so our actually 2 night stay we had to pay for three night I asked the man about it and he wasn't nice
Never told us about the complimentary breakfast or that it ended at 9 am bath room not stocked well only 2 towels for 3 people and mold in corner of bathroom floor

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel is close to a mall but hotel Looks a bit scary with no street lights and dark outside. Rooms are ok and TV is old style tv. Breakfast is horrible.bread and muffins both being very hard and bad. Waffles are ok. Lot of restaurants are close to it at around 2.5 miles from it.

• Stayed February 2014
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do have about 15 rooms left to have all flat screens I do apologize for the disappointment this caused. The bread items being hard, on our hot complimentary breakfast, is not a common complaint so I am very disappointed you had a bad experience with it. We have been switching out so vendors so hopefully that will cure that issue. I see you often write reviews I hope you give us an opportunity to turn this one around. Thank you for giving us feedback now we have an opportunity to focus on those issues. We hope you do decide to come back and give us another chance to make your stay a perfect stay.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a very pleasant, clean, and comfortable place to stay while visiting Newport News VA.
The General Manager is wonderful! All of her staff that I met was very helpful and willing. I will stay here every time I come in town.

Thank you for making me feel so welcomed!!

Room Tip: This is a nice out of the way hotel. not a lot of noise and around the corner from all the restaura...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review! We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Newport News. We do have a great staff I must say so myself, I enjoy everyday watching them interact with our guest, it's something we pride ourselves on. Thank you for noticing and taking the time to let the world know you had a great stay!