“Good pet friendly place” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Jameson Inn & Suites

You added Jameson Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Jameson Inn & Suites
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   21 Old Oyster Point Rd., Newport News, VA 23602 (Formerly Sleep Inn & Suites)   |
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
“Good pet friendly place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is about the 3rd time we've stayed here. We stay here when we visit my child who attends a local college. Since we bring our 2 small dogs, we need a pet friendly hotel. The staff has always been friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean. This isn't a fancy hotel for anyone looking for something 5 star. What it does offer are clean rooms, clean bathroom, safe location, place for the dogs to stretch their legs and a very friendly staff.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, July 22, 2014
We appreciate your heartfelt, honest review of our hotel. We look forward to accommodating you and your four legged family on your next visit to Newport News. I'd simply like to say THANK YOU!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

I have had the best experience while staying at the Jameson Inn Suites! first off I would like to say ED the front agent has been so wonderful and kind and there's nothing like meeting someone at a place of business with such outgoing and outstanding personality . I am very pleased and outstanded with the service and very pleased . Anywho I would like to stay the room I stayed in was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was just another excitement to my start of the day. A variety of stuff to choose choose from, and also very clean and appetizing ! I will definitely come again! Thank you ED for making my stay enjoyable!

• Stayed April 2014
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, August 2, 2014
Thank you for such a wonderful review! We especially like the fact that Ed was the focus. We hate to boast but his customer service skills are what we admire most about him. Again thank you for staying with us at Jameosn Inn & Suites of Newport News and taking the time to write such a wonderful review!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Stayed here for one night. For the price I paid, I was very happy. The staff was friendly. The room was very clean, had a flat screen tv, and a microwave/mini-fridge. The bathroom was also very large, and the shower had good water pressure. The hotel could improve the breakfast, however. There is not much to choose from. I had a bagel with cream cheese. There was also instant oatmeal available to cook yourself in a microwave, boiled eggs in a crockpot, waffles, two types of cereal, and mini-muffins. Given the price point, I was fine with the bagel. If you are on a budget, this hotel is a good choice.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We do appreciate these types of reviews because it gives us an opportunity to see things from our valued guests perspective. As many enjoy hearing the positive we also enjoy the points to grow on. Again, thank you for staying with us at Jameson Inn & Suites of Newport News!
Ravenna mi
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014 via mobile

We got here at 300 am they charged us for a entire night instead of just an early check in so our actually 2 night stay we had to pay for three night I asked the man about it and he wasn't nice
Never told us about the complimentary breakfast or that it ended at 9 am bath room not stocked well only 2 towels for 3 people and mold in corner of bathroom floor

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Winston Salem, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Hotel is close to a mall but hotel Looks a bit scary with no street lights and dark outside. Rooms are ok and TV is old style tv. Breakfast is horrible.bread and muffins both being very hard and bad. Waffles are ok. Lot of restaurants are close to it at around 2.5 miles from it.

• Stayed February 2014
Jameson21, General Manager at Jameson Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We do have about 15 rooms left to have all flat screens I do apologize for the disappointment this caused. The bread items being hard, on our hot complimentary breakfast, is not a common complaint so I am very disappointed you had a bad experience with it. We have been switching out so vendors so hopefully that will cure that issue. I see you often write reviews I hope you give us an opportunity to turn this one around. Thank you for giving us feedback now we have an opportunity to focus on those issues. We hope you do decide to come back and give us another chance to make your stay a perfect stay.
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

This is a very pleasant, clean, and comfortable place to stay while visiting Newport News VA.
The General Manager is wonderful! All of her staff that I met was very helpful and willing. I will stay here every time I come in town.

Thank you for making me feel so welcomed!!

Room Tip: This is a nice out of the way hotel. not a lot of noise and around the corner from all the restaura...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
Thank you for the great review! We look forward to accommodating you on your next visit to Newport News. We do have a great staff I must say so myself, I enjoy everyday watching them interact with our guest, it's something we pride ourselves on. Thank you for noticing and taking the time to let the world know you had a great stay!
Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2014

Pro: Friendly front desk service; lots of pillows; good bathroom amenities; quiet and convenient location; free breakfast; bargain price
Con: Carpets needed cleaning; noise from floor above and neighboring room (but not at night); old tube-style TV; low water pressure in shower (but sufficient hot water); front desk not always attended (several phone calls went unanswered)
Summary: We found the location just great - near I-64, CNU and the Ferguson Center for the Performing Arts, in a quiet business park neighborhood. Any minor complaints are more than obviated by the very reasonable price. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: We encountered noise from footsteps in the room above. Unfortunately, the top-floor rooms permit sm...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. It is so helpful getting a positive/negative kind of review it gives us some points to grow on. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us! We have about 15 rooms left to swap the televisions out to have 100% flat screens, something we have been working on. Next time you are in Newport News we would be honored if you stay with us!

Been to Jameson Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!