“Outstanding service” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Hampton, Virginia, United States
“Outstanding service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

I had an excellent experience The front desk manager (Dana) and the employees (Lee) are very helpful and courteous. They assisted me with all of my needs and are very knowledgeable. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. They are very polite and treated me like I was family. I travel alot and they made me feel like I was right at home which is a lost art and I appreciate it keep up the great work! Sean

Room Tip: All the rooms are great You will not go wrong no matter what room you choose.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
We can't thank you enough for taking the time to write about your "excellent" experience. You are correct .. we have awesome employees and are glad that you noticed. Please come and see us again the next time you are in the area! Lori Leib-Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Newport News, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

I live 30 miles out and this has been my 2nd stay at the Comfort Suites in Newport News and I will be back on a regular basis. I heard about this great hotel from a friend...
Upon checking in, Lee who worked at the front desk; hospitality was genuine. He offered me fresh complimentary cookies, informed me about the great "free" continental breakfast, and fresh/hot coffee & tea that was available 24 hrs. "I love my hot tea"!!!
My room was very spacious, cozy, clean, and comfortable. It was really nice staying here just to get away from home once-in-awhile, and to take advantage of the amenities that are available here. We met Penny from housekeeping who was also very polite and attentive to my needs. The hot & cold breakfast we had was well worth the stay $$$. The front desk manager Dana came around the breakfast area to greet everyone. I thought that was very candid.
In summary, all of the hotel staffs I've met that morning was very responsive and friendly. Have told all my friends about this location and would recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thanks for taking the time to post a review. We are very glad that you consider us your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you upon your next getaway! Lori Leib - DIrector of Sales
Sicklerville, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2012

I just had an amazing 3 night stay at Comfort Suites Airport (Newport News,VA)! I found the front office manager and other staff to be very welcoming, friendly, accommodative, and responsive to my needs. Comfortable and clean room, great breakfast, and quick response when I needed something for my room. I see that exemplary customer service still exists.

Many thanks!
Pam

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lorileib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Pam,
Thanks very much for taking the time to write! It is our goal to provide exemplary service so we are THRILLED that this is how you described your experience. Please come back and see us the next time your travels bring you in the direction of Newport News! Lori Leib - Director of Sales
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

November 15-16, 2012. Husband having surgery at a nearby hospital, so we booked 3 nights, thinking we might not need the third one. After the surgery, we didn't know what time of day he'd be released - the hospital thought probably not until 2-3 pm - well after 11 am checkout. Dana, front desk manager, was so accommodating, letting us keep our room until after check-out time in case we had to stay another day (we didn't) - so appreciated! Conveniently located off a busy thoroughfare, but back far enough so it's very quiet. Big mall & many restaurants nearby. Huge room with very comfortable bed (only minus - pillows were too firm for me); new flat-screen TV; sofa & coffee table; mini-fridge & microwave. Overall, hotel was very clean and well-appointed with friendly staff, easy parking and a great free breakfast!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 20, 2012
We truly appreciate that you took the time to write a review! We hope that your husband is progressing nicely after his surgery. It is great to know that we could provide a great place for you to lodge while taking care of your family member. Thanks for your positive comments involving our staff as well as the many amenities that we provide. We hope to see you again real soon! Lori Leib - Director of Sales
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

November 9-12, 2012 we stayed at this hotel, the staff, housekeeping, very polite, we enjoyed our stay very much. The hotel is so clean and just a great time there, plan to stay again. Kudos to your employees, they do a great job. very quiet too, good location,, walking distance for shopping, restaurants. Your employees are all friendly and helpful, I was impressed

Room Tip: I have stayed on different floors at different times, so I did enjoy staying on the first floor this...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
lorileib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, November 15, 2012
We appreciate your feedback! We will be sure that our housekeeping and front desk staff know that you had a great experience. We take pride in the work that our employees do and positive comments go a long way. Thanks again for writing and we hope to see you again real soon! Lori Leib-Director of Sales
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

I travel alot and I tend to give credit where credit is due and this place definitely makes the list! The room I had was wonderful! Very spacious and comfortable...the shower felt AWESOME...the bed was beyond comfortable. I really enjoyed my 3 days here. The staff was friendly which is always a plus because you need to feel welcome when traveling for whatever reason. Parking was very easy and well lit! Walmart, Patrick Henry Mall, resturants everywhere! I will always return here when visiting Newport News!

Room Tip: 4th floor the highest level away from the stairs and elevators!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Thanks so much for taking the time write! We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and that you experienced our friendly staff, great location and comfortable beds. Thanks again for your patronage and if you are in Newport News again, we hope that you will make us your Choice hotel. Lori Leib-Director of Sales
Mannington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

This property had been so well-reviewed on TripAdvisor that we were really looking forward to staying here, but we were disappointed. The big problem was with housekeeping. The room was clean enough, but it had less than half of a roll of toilet paper, and no spare roll. We tried to economize, but early in the morning we ran out. Since neither of us was dressed to go out, and one of us had urgent need of the paper, we phoned down to the desk, and the clerk said he would bring a roll right up. He never did. The one in urgent need eventually used Kleenex, and half-an-hour later I called to ask why no paper had come. A different clerk said, "Oh! He went off-shift and didn't tell me you were waiting!"

We were staying two nights, so that day I left a tip anyway; after all the room had been clean, anyone can make a mistake, and Housekeeping was not answerable for the sins of the front desk.
Regrettably, the tip didn't help. We had ended up using most of the new roll of paper. It had not been replenished when we returned that evening, and neither had the shampoo, which we had used up the previous night. To add insult to injury, we like it warm and we had left our room temperature set for 78. Even though we were clearly staying another night, the maid had taken it upon herself to set the room temperature to 60, and as we had been gone most of the day, that was exactly what the temperature was when we got back.

The "heated" pool's water felt as though they were skimping on chlorination (though I see that another reviewer says the pool was saltwater, which would certainly explain that satisfactorily), but, to be fair, it hardly mattered because the water was so cold that no bacteria could have grown in it. The pool area was heated (perhaps that is what they meant) and they did have towels, which I appreciated.

We made one more request of the front desk, though it was not one they necessarily should have been able to fill; we asked them if they had any scissors we could use for a moment. They said that no, they did not. Since they are an airport motel, this surprised me slightly.

While we appreciated the fact that they had both an Ethernet connection and a wi-fi link, the wi-fi acceptance screen did not work with Opera and I had to run Internet Explorer to connect. Once I'd done that, Opera worked for browsing.

One more unpleasant thing happened while we were there. A large party of young teenagers were staying down the hall from us, and while they were much quieter than we feared they would be, two of them mistook their room number and banged loudly on our door (with the do-not-disturb sign up!).
We opened the door, as they looked harmless enough, just loud, and they barged inside, looked around, said, amiably enough, "Sorry, wrong room," and left.

We did not report this to the desk, and indeed there is little they could have done about it, but it does show the kind of clientele they were serving that night.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
lleib, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Airport, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
We appreciate that you took the time to provide your feedback. We are pleased that you found your room clean but there is certainly no excuse for the lack of service that you experienced regarding amenities such as shampoo and toilet paper. We will evaluate the pool temperature based on your comments. As you mentioned, we generally get very positive comments and we can't apologize enough for your disappointment. We would like to make it up to you and speak with you personally. Please contact me directly at 757-947-1332 to discuss further. Once again, we are very sorry that you had a negative experience but are glad that you let us know so that we can work to improve in the futurre. Lori Leib-Director of Sales

Been to Comfort Suites Airport? Share your experiences!