I have generally been pleased with Best Westerns as a whole, but this place didn't even resemble what I know to be Best Western. The first experience was with the desk clerk who was eating potato chips, and didn't bother to stop to check us in. Next, we get to the room, and to say it was dilapidated would be an understatement. The bathroom had mold on the walls and floor, along with broken faucet handles. The furniture in the "living room" was about to fall apart, had rips, and burn holes. The overall stench in the room was of 60 year smoke build up, and as a smoker, it was even unbearable to my husband.
When I went to ask about another room, grudgingly I was taken to one, right across the hall, and it was even worse. I went back to the original room, and my husband, who is not nearly as picky as I am, wouldn't even sit on the bed. He was disgusted and said he felt like this was something along the lines of "hourly" style rooms.
We immediately checked out, and I called the next day to make sure we weren't going to be charged, only to find out we had already been charged 3 times! After multiple phone calls, and a week and a half, all money was finally refunded, but this should never have happened in the first place. Best advice I can give, is stay somewhere else, and watch your bank statement!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport News Inn & Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Plus Newport News Hotel Newport News
- Best Western Plus Newport News Inn And Suites
- Best Western Newport News
- Newport News Best Western