“great hotel!!!!- clean- great location for tourist sites- beautiful big room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites Newport News South

Special Offer
Book early and Save 20%
Ranked #13 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Oklahoma
“great hotel!!!!- clean- great location for tourist sites- beautiful big room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2009

This hotel is perfect to take teenagers as the room is very spacious!!!! Great location to visit Colonial Willaimsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown. We had many friends tell us where not to stay so we found this hotel . LUCKY US!!!! We were very pleased!! Friendly staff, clean room, fluffy towels, free hot breakfast, what a great find. We would definately stay there again and recommend it to all .

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
CISNNDOS, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites Newport News South, responded to this review, March 29, 2011
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your patronage and hope to host your stay again when you return to Hampton Roads, Virginia. If you have any further questions or interest in rebooking feel free to call me.

Director of Sales

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Newport News
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

While staying at this Country Inn & Suites my camera was stolen. The last night of my stay I returned to find that my key would not work on my room. When I went to the front desk to find out what was going on they said "they thought I had checked out". All of my things were thrown into my suitcase still on the hangers and my digital camera was missing. I cannot believe they moved me from my room. The only compensation they say they can give me is an apology. I have lost many priceless pictures on my camera. I would think as an owner of this franchise or a manager of this franchise that you would at least offer a voucher for a future stay or a reimbursement of the last night stay which was aweful. I will never again stay at a Country Inn & Suites. At least not in this town which is individually owned and operated.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
sbarger, Manager at Country Inn & Suites Newport News South, responded to this review, August 11, 2009
The guest in question had 2 reservations, for 2 separate types of rooms. It was a sold out day, and the guest left the stuff in the original room.

I have no way to verify whether anything was missing or not. The guest could have prevented this entirely by moving her belongings out of the first room, so she could check into the second room that afternoon.

The guest has been threatening to extort us for 2 months now. Her behavior, threats, and demands have been unreasonable, and there was no way to work with her. We were forced to bite the bullet and accept a negative review instead of giving into her unreasonable demands.

Sbarger, Manager
Gastonia, NC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2009

Just returned from a 2 night stay at Country Inn & Suites. What a great stay--from Art at the front desk, to the nice young lady in the breakfast area that insisted that the little boys basketball team from New York eat a good breakfast before their game, to the lovely ladies that cleaned our room. Everyone made my elderly parents and their friend very comfortable. Our rooms were very clean and spacious. You cannot go wrong staying at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family

North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2009

Poorly constructed hotel (you can hear your neighbor sneeze) Staff not accommodating and over talkative. Internet connection was horrible- could not do my work. Bad neighborhood (found out after watching the news). Room had water damage and feet prints on walls. I checked out early;should have stayed in my car

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
sbarger, Assistant General Manager at Country Inn & Suites Newport News South, responded to this review, May 1, 2009
I am sorry you experienced problems during your recent visit with us. I do a full inspection of our rooms on a regular basis, but on occassion rooms do slip through the cracks. I will make every attempt to prevent these situations from reoccurring. If you would like to discuss this further, or if there is anything I can do to make you more satisfied with your stay, please contact me, I will make every attempt to rectify the situation. -Sbarger, Assistant General Manager
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2009

I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived at this hotel. The foyer was nice, cozy and inviting. Freshed baked cookies greeted you upon entrance. Check in was a breeze. My paperwork was already prepared and it took just minutes to get me into my room. I stayed in a King Suite which I loved. The rooms are equipped with DVD players which allowed you to bring in your own movies or music. The rooms were very clean and the bed was comfortable.

The only problem I had but I didn't complain about was the luke warm water each time I took a shower. I was't too thrilled about that. The absence of an open wireless connection also took me also surprised me. The staff provided me an ethernet connection and I had no problem connecting via a wired connection.

The breakfast, albeit deluxe, didn't look that inviting, but I did take a few sausages. Since I was within walking distance to some stores and restaurants it didn't much matter. The kids seemed to really enjoy their meals.

All in all, I was very comfortable and felt quite secure. I would recommend this hotel to families, tourists, women traveling alone, business travelers, etc.

• Liked — Conveniently located to the airport and the ease of checkin
  • Disliked — The absence of an open wireless connection and the luke warm shower water
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Independence, KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2008

Best staff ever! They saw to my every need. Each time I entered the hotel, someone at the desk greeted me and called me by name. I have stayed twice and loved it both times. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — The service was awsome. The breakfast was good too.
  • Disliked — Nothing I could find fault with.
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Topsham, Maine
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2008

The room was clean, the pool area was clean and the staff was great! Really for the money, location and the hotel's ability to offer you an airport shuttle you cannot beat this hotel. I brought the grandkids over to swim in the pool for awhile and the staff was great about it. The breakfast buffet was set up and ready when I left at 5:30 even though it wasn't open until 6. The staff was really wonderful about letting me eat.

• Liked — The cleanliness
  • Disliked — The temp in the room was hard to get just right
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Country Inn & Suites Newport News South? Share your experiences!