A group my friends and I stayed here for a night. While I can't comment on long term reservations, this place is great for a night or two. We arrived late but were still able to find ample parking when the hotel was almost full. The A/C unit did take a few minutes to kick on but we eventually got it working and it was pretty quiet all night. The bathroom was a good size and had a very large counter to place toiletries. Water pressure was good and the water got extremely hot. There was a microwave and refridgerator in the room however we did not use them. The beds were comfortable but the pillows left something to be desired. A desk and table top lamp with outlets and internet connection would be great for business travelers. Overall the rooms were not noisy (or our neighbors were really quiet). There is a pool and hot tub, while we did not use them it is noteworthy to say the chlorine is really noticeable when walking near the area.
Breakfast was great! There are complimentary coffee, tea, hot cocoa and cookies throughout the day. The breakfast bar was well stocked even on a busy weekend and had a great selection of fresh fruit, oatmeal, cereal, assorted pastries and bread, yogurt, a hot item (such as buscuits and gravy) and a waffle maker.
The hotel is located conveniently off the highway and is a close drive to Newport News and about 20 minutes from Williamsburg.
I would definitely recommend this hotel for weekend travelers.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated in 2010, the smoke and pet free, 64 rooms and suites provide travelers with comfortable, affordable and value rich lodging in Hampton Roads. All beds feature Serta Perfect Sleeper matresses, rooms have individually controlled thermostats, and hypoallergenic linens to provide a comfortable nights rest. As a mid scale, limited service hotel and located in the heart of Hampton Roads, the Hotel assures guests that room and suite rates remain competitive. With all of the standard amenities of the Country Inn & Suites by Carlson brand guests appreciate the features and services they come to expect such as an indoor swimming pool and hot tub, 24 hour coffee and tea, freshly baked cookies, and complimentary hot breakfast and WiFi. Our Hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service with at least 24 hour advance shuttle reservations. We look forward to hosting your future stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Carlson, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Odigeo so you can book your Country Inn & Suites Newport News South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inn And Suites Newport News South
- Country Inn & Suites Newport News South Hotel Newport News
- Country Inn Newport News
- Newport News Country Inn