“Personnel” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #20 of 37 Hotels in Newport News
Gladwin, Michigan
“Personnel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

While the accommodations at the hotel were like many others I have experienced, I noted two things. First, it was very clean and well kept. Secondly, a young lady by the name of "Angelique" checked us in and had a fantastic personality. Angelique made us feel very comfortable and her attitude was top shelf. I am a first line agency head and it's about perception. I thought it note-worthy to say something.

Mike

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2014

Lets start by saying I was referred to this hotel by a friend as I was looking for a decent price hotel that offer a weekly rate. I checked into this hotel the price is decent for the room u get I like the idea of the amenties u get and the rooms are up to date on counter tops,mounted on the wall tvs and ceramic floor as u enter the room decent size bathroom and lounge area.The area is really close to major interstates and main attractions.The overall hotel is pretty up to date and the cleaniess is ok.The trash downstairs should be taken out periodically cause it smells if left to long.As I continued to stay here these are some things I noticed the door on the left side of the building gives u trouble as you enter the building the key reader need to be fixed.bu I do like the fact u are secure at night.please bring your own towels and sheets cause there is a big issue with linen.The weekly teants the housekeeping do a half job cleaning your room they only dump trash and make your bed.The staff needs to be retrained one tell you one thing and one tell u another the commucation is poor.One Particular front desk attendant that has a nasty attiude that seems to hate her job and not speak to you when you come to the desk is CHRISTINA. I don't know why she works there with that attiude.The general manager YAMIN is very UNPROFESSIONAL . I have come to the desk on several ocassoions and heard things about the hotel being discussed.The manager and staff does go in your room in your with or without the do not disturb sign on the door BEWARE don't leave personal items out if u not in your room.Overall ok hotel all your amenties are there and bring your own towels and linen.i hope this helps.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2014

I booked a stay at this hotel in November 2013 and let's just say I would not choose to stay here again, despite the value, but I suppose it's true what they say: "You get what you pay for."

When I arrived, the hotel had a lingering cigarette-smoke smell, but there was nothing that can be done about that if smoking is allowed in certain areas of the facilities. Checked-in with no problem and got to my room. I did a quick inspection of the room. Nothing special, average room; however, when I checked out the bathroom, I noticed it had not been thoroughly cleaned. Call the front desk and our room was changed with no problem. Got to the next room and the shower curtain was plagued with mildew/mold. My associate and I just sucked it up and dealt with it for the rest our two-night stay because we were not going to play musical rooms all weekend long.

We survived the first night and continued on with our scheduled events for the next day. When we arrive back to the room the following night, we noticed that no housekeeping was done for our room. We called the front desk and were THEN was explained that regardless of us NOT having an extended stay at this motel, housekeeping is only done once a week, if and only if you are staying more than 7 days. We thought this practice was ridiculous and could not wait to check out the next day. So, in lieu of the void housekeeping services, we at least wanted clean towels to use for the night so that we could be up and out even before check-out the next day. The front desk then informed us that there were no clean towels to give us because housekeeping was gone for the day and would have to wait until the next day for a simple request of clean towels. Needless to say, we were officially OVER this stay. Also, when we asked the front desk to make a note of us not being able to check-out on time do to their lack of service, I was told she could "make a note of it" for the morning staff, but I would still have to call in the morning to confirm. I thought this a bit of poor customer service on their part, but that was the only issue I had with the customer service portion of this stay. Staff were overall accommodating to the best of their ability. I give them a "good" rating.

The next morning I called the front desk to have some clean towels brought up to the room. There still were no clean towels for guests and it was well after 9am. To make this part of the long story short, after several calls to the front desk and waiting SEVERAL hours, we finally retrieved (hopefully) clean towels at 1pm and weren't able to check-out until 2pm, delaying scheduled plans for the day because we should have been able to check-out as scheduled, which was by noon.

I reiterate that I would not stay here again. Save your coins and stay at a better quality hotel. Hopefully, someone from corporate will see my review and offer me a complimentary stay at one of their higher-quality properties.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2013

I stayed here a few months ago and was impressed at the value I got here. The hotel is nothing special but for the cost it is great. The rooms were clean and the staff was polite. I would stay here again and would recommend staying here if you are on a budget. The only drawback is the area isn't the best but I still felt safe going out at night.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dushore, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

I am one who normally overlooks small things as I travel extensively. This is the worst hotel (worse than the hair in my bed hotel) staff were rude when I called about late check in, so we changed travel to arrive before lobby closed and waiting 15 min before a staff appeared to check us in. Staff was very cold and acting like our questions were a bother to her. Got to dirty room, rug had dirt and dried leaves from previous guest so you know it wasn't vacuumed. Towels smelled mildewy like they were used and rehung. When I asked for an hour later check out time as my son was at a job interview (after they called early to see if I was ready to check out) I was rudely told it would be an add'l $20 for an hour.... Areyou kidding me, I've stayed in busy hotels in busy cities who give you a late check out at no charge let alone 1\2 the cost of a whole day.... Spend the couple extra dollars and stay somewhere nice and clean with friendly staff!!!!

Room Tip: Pick another hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CrestwoodNewportNews, General Manager at Crestwood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Ms. Sharon,

I would like to thank you for your recent stay with us. I truly apologize you did not receive the service you expected. Your honest feedback is greatly appreciated as it provides us an opportunity to improve upon our customer service, hopefully allowing every guest to have the enjoyable stay we hope to provide them.

For after hour check-ins there is a phone outside the lobby with instructions on how to check in late, which you will call the courtesy officer / night attendant to sign your registration and get the keys for your room. I am aware we honored you a late check-out which we give up to 12 noon however we let you stay later until 3:00pm at which point you where charged a $20.00 late fee, which in most cases that is considered another day and charged the full price, which this was the best we could do.

I hope that you will give us a chance to address your concerns, and perhaps give us another opportunity to show you that we do understand how to serve our guests.

Please feel free to contact me should you have any questions or need future accommodations. I would be delighted to personally assist you.

Management,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

Really appreciate the cleanliness. And the prices are very reasonable. The employees was really friendly and helpful! The rooms were really comfortable! I would really recommend this hotel to travelers!

• Stayed October 2013
Hampton, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

love this hotel the best hotel ever!!! great service!!!!it had everything i needed the staff where extremely nice and kind the room was clean,just perfect ill repeat everytime!!!!! if anyone wants to stay here id personally recommend it,holly is especially nice always very professional and always ready to help anyone!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family

Been to Crestwood Suites Newport News? Share your experiences!