“Will not go back!!!” 2 of 5 stars

2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   11 Old Oyster Point Road, Newport News, VA 23602   |
Ranked #20 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
“Will not go back!!!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013 via mobile

My kids and I stayed here and it was not a good experience. First off there was no one in sight at the front desk as i stood there for at least 20 mins. The phone was just ringing and other guests were waiting. Finally someone came named kesha and she did not acknowledge me instead picked up the phone finished the call then just looked at me. I asked for toilet paper and was told they were out. What hotel doesnt have toilet paper? Either she was too lazy to bring to my room at later time or this hotel was out of it. Then I was told that the housekeepers only clean rooms once a week if i stay a week. Front desk did not tell me this. I found out by asking a housekeeper in hallway of why my room hasnt been clean since Ive been here last week. The housekeeper was nice but she said my room was not on her sheet and hasnt been. I went down to front desk and yes, i was told by kesha that was their policy as she babbled on about housekeepers in a negative tone. I will not stay here ever again. Im still confused about the whole not having toilet paper??

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Asheville, North Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2013

I was traveling for business with 2 associates. We reserved the 2 queen bed suite and were willing to pay extra for this room type. Also we needed pet friendly. I called and spoke with the staff before making the reservation about my needs. They confirmed my reservation, and my room type. When we arrived there were hidden fees for the pet in the paper work they ask you to initial, and when we got to our room it was 2 twin beds. I called down stairs and was told they do not have 2 queen bed rooms. I asked her to look at the website. They show them there, and I spoke with them on the phone about this room style. Sorry is all they would say. They also still charged me the full price that was for the 2 queen suite. This is poor service to reserve what you dont have and charge extra for pets when people get there and have no choice.

Room Tip: I travel every week. This is a 2 star quality room.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2013

I stayed in crest wood suites for 5 nights with my family , they had everything I needed for a great price .they always clean the room thoroughly for us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a short or a long stay. Armia & ghada& Kyrillos

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Newport News, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We really enjoy our stay at Crestwood, we use this as a getaway to spend adult time, away from the kids.
Angelique is a fantastic host of this wonderful establishment.
They have a full kitchen,fridge,laundry service,even a toaster under the cabinet..
The staff is fantastic.
The area is full of things to do,great restaurants, shopping<antique and thrift store heaven.
keep up the good work..

Room Tip: this place has full kitchens, full size fridge, laundry, even a toaster...no room is a bad room ,but...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
CrestwoodNewportNews, Manager at Crestwood Suites Newport News, responded to this review, August 12, 2013
Thank you for staying with us; we are very glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to accommodating your lodging needs in the future!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

I received professional courtesy from Brittney & Angeligue with my check-in. Keep up the good work ladies. I also love the quietness of the hotel area along with comfort & the ease of getting around from place to place.

William V. Suber

• Stayed August 2013
Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

My husband and i have stayed here for over a week and it is very pleasant. The staff is helpful in many ways and they always clean the room thoroughly for us. I would recommend this hotel to anyone for a short or a long stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Aurora
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Overall it was a good stay. The room was clean, no odor, no bugs. The only concern was the front desk staff. It was very busy, a lot of guests checking in. The agent was overwhelmed and it showed. Other than that it was a good stay and I will stay again once I move back to VA.

• Stayed July 2013

Been to Crestwood Suites Newport News? Share your experiences!