“Nice enough place” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #18 of 38 hotels in Newport News
Roanoke, Virginia
“Nice enough place”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I was a little worried after reading other reviews, and almost booked another place because of it. but it wasnt bad. not a 2 1/2 star but nice enough. it was worth more than the price. the girl at front desk gave us a king bed. which was nice.we had a good nights sleep and a place to shower before our trip, I never could get on the wireless connection though.I went down stairs the next morning for coffee supplies and the gentleman was nice enough to give me 2 extra coffees bags. When we were leaving the girls up front were kind enough to take a picture of us, and wished us a Happy Cruise!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

83 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

I usually don't put these type of things because if you are a hotel you are supposed to have great customer service and I've been all over with my family. But I must say that staying here was not the plan. We were just making a pit stop after traveling for hours on the road but my wife said we should stop and try again tomorrow so we initially just pulled off of an exit to punch in a hotel on gps then seen this hotel on the side secluded. It looked like a nice place enough to stay so we went in. The rates were very reasonable and the staff were great so it just felt good. I think it was the manager up front sounded like her accet was German nice lady by the name of Katherine I asked the front desk some info and things to do in the area and the Katherine and the other staff were quite helpful. Needless to say our room was very clean and the place was very quiet other than my kids. with this experience I definately will be coming back to the hampton roads area and when I do this will be the place for me. Thank you for the wonderful stay

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Tsuchiura, Japan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2012

I stayed here for a couple of weeks on business. Over all, I think this hotel is comfortable, not gorgeous.There are refrigerator, kitchen and microwave oven in a room. It's good for a long stay.The equipments of washer and dryer seem to be new. There are not any grocery stores and restaurants near here by walk. I had a breakfast at Jameson inn next to Crestwood suite. The meal was buffet style. I made sandwich of baggle, boiled egg and fresh vegie. And I was so much pleased to drink coffee free in the mornig by the lobby.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

We booked this hotel through Travelocity for its close location to Carrollton. We were in town for a funeral and needed a hotel for one evening. The hotel has a convenient location to J Clyde Morris Boulevard, where there are many restaurants and shops. This hotel is located a few miles off of J Clyde Morris Boulevard after Strayer University; it's a little hard to see at night, but it would be on your right side. The hotel lobby is small, clean, and cold. We arrived almost at midnight and the immediately checked us in and we took a cart up to our room. When I booked the hotel, I asked for a 1 bedroom suite, but called the next day to request a 2 bedroom suite. I was thinking that the rooms had a sleeper sofa. There must have been a communication problem because we were given a one bedroom. I went downstairs and the front desk manager immediately gave us a two bedroom suite (at no extra charge) and it was only a few doors down from our original room.

Our room was on the 2nd floor; it was warm and smelled of cigarettes. I think the hotel recently transitioned to a non-smoking hotel, which is awesome, but our room still had the reminders of smoking past. The hotel room had a decent size, with a small kitchenette, two queen beds, a tube tv with cable, and a bathroom with a heavy door and odd layout. The kitchen has a full sized fridge, two burner stove, sink, and microwave which is handy if you're staying longer and want to prepare meals. The room just felt kind of dingy and dumpy. It was decently clean, but the smell of cigarettes was lingering. The bed was pretty firm, though the pillow soft, and I had decent sleep. The hotel does have free wifi which is always a nice thing during your stay.

Overall, I would give this hotel 2.75 stars. The staff was nice and I totally appreciated the upgraded room and free wifi; the lobby and outside/public areas were clean, but the hotel rooms were dingy and just need some renovating lovin'.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
newportnews va
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

We have been staying here since last October 2011 and the staff has been pretty sufficient when it comes to our needs.Carmen ,Jacqueline and the rest of the staff are great people. We will continue to keep our business here.Will recommend this establishment to our family and friends.Would be great if we could have a breakfast bar though...Ruth & Darlene

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
Richmond
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

I checked in on Friday, July 20,2012. I needed to check in early in order to go to a meeting, the front desk lady already had my keys and room waiting for me. For the second time Crestwood has live up to my expectations. The room was clean and the it wasn't near the elevator like I requested.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2012

My stay was great...My room and bathroom were not only clean, but smelled wonderful! The best part about my stay was the customer service. The staff was very friendly and made my stay pleasant. I recommend this hotel to all of my friends and family!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business

Been to Crestwood Suites Newport News? Share your experiences!