“Lunch delight” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Late Night
Yorktown, VA
“Lunch delight”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014

I had previously eaten dinner at this restaurant and always enjoyed it, but this was my first time having lunch. Since the weather was beautiful, my friend and I asked to be seated on the patio and it was delightful. Although it looks out on a parking lot, the design and decoration, makes it feel as if you were sitting in a stylish al fresco restaurant. Our waitress, Kayleigh, was on spot without being fawning. The sandwiches we had were supersized enough that we both took half of ours home for another delicious meal. We were not rushed as we sat for several hours and visited. The cookie tidbit offered on our way out finished off a delightful lunch. I can't wait to go back again.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Newport News, Virginia
“Nice decor, absurdly expensive drinks”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

Eating outside on a pleasant evening was lovely. The waitress was friendly and professional. My husband liked his barbequed chicken pizza. My shrimp and grits had a good flavor but the shrimp was a bit overcooked and the grits were undercooked....making it unpleasant to eat. The kicker was the drinks.....a simple average pour of a very average wine was $14. Ridiculous. Will not return.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
pittsburgh
“Good choice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

After an all day of traveling in stupid traffic, we checked in to our hotel and found this restaurant was very close by. It was a good find. We hit the happy hour with terrific drinks and local brews. The menu had a good selection, the service was very good and the food was enjoyable. We ate in the bar in a very pleasant environment. I will return.

Visited July 2014
Williamsburg, Virginia
“The NEW 2nd Street”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Beautiful restaurant with a unique menu. Enjoyed it so much on Thursday, went back on Friday with somewhat less spectacular results. The chicken salad had some grizzle an skin in it, but the restaurant worked to correct the problem. Service is good, menu is different, food quality very good, surrounding are very pleasant. If it hadn't been for the Chicken Salad this would be a five rating.

Visited June 2014
Yorktown, Virginia
“Beautiful new interior and veranda!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2014

My husband and I visited the "new" Second Street" at the old location in Kiln Creek. The staff was very attentive, and the Hostess and Manager stopped by our table to check on things several times. The two entrees we ordered were well prepared - Mango Pork Loin and Bistro Steak slices on Yukon potatoes. The interior is absolutely new and modern with good appointments. The bar was very busy on a Friday evening (also very loud). The veranda was starting to fill up by 6. But, there is plenty of seating out there. We will try that one evening. One miss for me was my Raspberry Drop - too much "sour" mix. They did try to remedy the drink to their credit.

We enjoyed the ambiance and plan to make Second Street a repeat visit.

• Visited June 2014