“First-rate museum with high quality displays” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Museums
Attraction Details
Wilmington, North Carolina
36 attraction reviews
“First-rate museum with high quality displays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I went to this museum while I was aboard Ft Eustis for business. I only had about an hour to spare before they closed so I had to rush. I did not get the chance to view the large number of trains, aircraft, etc. that were on display outside. But the inside has a large selection of top-quality uniforms, vehicles, aircraft, dioramas, etc. If you want to read all of the placards and spend time at all of the displays, it will take at least two-three hours. There is no fee for admittance and there is a small gift shop inside. I would recommend checking the museum's website to confirm the operating hours. The only drawback is that it is physically inside the confines of Fort Eustis and the requisite security precautions apply to enter the installation.

Visited May 2013

“Awesome way to spend an afternoon!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

What an interesting trip through the history of Army transportation! And, to can't beat the low low price of free!

Visited October 2012
4 attraction reviews
“Great look into the history of the Army”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

My wife and 5 year old daughter went with me and found it to be very interesting. My daughter's favorite part is being able to walk around all of the old vehicles and especially the trains that they have there. Not all of the vehicles are covered, so bring an umbrella if rain is in the forecast. My favorite part was the prototype vehicles that they had on display. Was very interesting to see all of the failed ideas that there were. I mean, who doesn't love the idea of a jet pack. The best part is that it costs nothing to get in, there is a donation box inside the door if you want to.

Sebastian, Florida
48 attraction reviews
“A terrific free museum”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had been here 30 years ago with our 4 YO son and it was good then but now it is terrific. We took our 4 YO grandson and he enjoyed the indoor displays,a great addition, and used up a ton of energy checking out the fabulous outdoor displays of aircraft, landing craft, and railroad cars. At the end we had not spent a penny except for a voluntary donation ( no pressure ) and the surprise benefit of a tired child who went to bed early and slept late in the morning.

“Good history lesson”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

Very interesting for my little boy that loves planes trains and trucks! They have it all. History of army vehicles from horses to current day vehicles and covers vehicles used in every major war. FREE! There was a security check at the base entrance but you are entering an active army base. It was no problem and they didn't bother the kids in the car. I was happy to comply to keep the men and women who serve our country safe.