“Very good - Go there!” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #12 of 391 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
London
“Very good - Go there!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014

As overseas visitors when you park outside this restaurant you are not sure you are in the right place as it is next to a gun shop and not in a typical USA mall type setting. However do not let that put you off as inside the food is excellent. it is like visiting a piece of Little Italy from NYC. We had brilliant service from John and the food was very tasty with very generous portions. Even though it was very quiet (the restaurant is quite large inside) we still enjoyed the experience. Would definitely return.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Wolverine, Michigan
“We'd return!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

After reading other people's reviews, we decided to try Luigi's. The menu was fairly standard Italian. The food was very tasty. We came on a Thursday night, which happened to correspond with their new Couples Night special. It worked well for us. We both enjoyed our wines, appetizer, entrees (Seafood Extravaganza and Lobster Ravioli) and dessert (ice cream). Portions were generous. Service was warm and very friendly; we felt welcomed and appreciated (note: we had come for an early dinner, and the restaurant wasn't busy). We are knowledgeable but not expert on Italian food; however, we know a good meal, with good value, when we have one. This was worth the visit.

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Hampton, Virginia
“If you don't know good Italian, you'll probably think its good”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

So, my husband and I decided to try this "#1" Tripadvisor rated restaurant for Newport News...are thoughts, who is voting? I am seriously confused. It is average, if not slightly below because of the grease. Everything is sitting in a pool of oil: the bread, the seafood, the pasta...we left feeling like we were going to break out in acne on the drive home. I am Italian and from New Jersey, so yes, I am biased coming from one of the best states for Italian food in this country, but even my husband didn't like it. He is from MN and doesn't have a lick of Italian in his heritage. The menu does not match the one on here, it is short and lacks creativity. The sauce isn't as sweet as others I have eaten at in this area, but still somewhat sweet nonetheless. I just don't see the need to ruin a nice red sauce with sugar...it actually makes me angry. The ambiance left a lot to be desired both outside and in...there was a huge lunch buffet table made of stainless steel sitting in the middle of the dining room. If you have a lunch buffet that is great, but when I go on a Sunday night it shouldn't be out. Unfortunately, after living in this area for 6+ months I am back to square 1 with finding an Italian restaurant worthy of my time and money.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
“Buffet for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This place was recommended for lunch by a coworker. We both had the buffet which included salad, pizza and soup. Both of us really enjoyed the food and the service was great.

Williamsburg, Virginia
“Good Food, Fast service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

Our first time here and it was for lunch. The restaurant consists of one large room with a very high ceiling. No sound deadening, so it is very loud when it is full of people. Our pinot grigio came very chilled and our lunches came quickly as well, after we had feasted on the garlic knots. Serving sizes are immense! I ordered the lasagna, and there is only one size--HUGE! My wife got the baked ziti--the "petite" size but it was so big we both could have shared it. Very tasty pasta, but a lot of wasted food unless you have a monster appetite. In the middle of the room at lunchtime there is a large salad, soup and pizza buffet bar--many choices!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere