“Good food, suspect serivce.” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Alexandria, Virginia
“Good food, suspect serivce.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

The food was good. The waitress failed to mention the specials. We confused her because I ordered two appetizers as a meal and then my wife ordered an appetizer plus a meal. She forgot to put in the ticket for the meal. If we were in a rush, it would have been a problem. Even so, she probably should have deducted something from the check to make up for it.

Visited May 2013

Baltimore, MD
“Great Local Joint”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I was in Hampton, VA for a business trip and a group of us wanted to eat seafood where the locals go. We were warned that it is small and the wait can be long, but it would be worth it. They were right! Although we did have to wait, the food, drinks and service were great! Their hushpuppies are to die for and the steamed shrip, crab cake and fresh oysters were all great! I will absolutely visit Harpoon Larry's on my next trip!

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
College Park MD
“Great Dive Bar”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Harpoon Larry's has everything one needs -- good seafood, great beer, friendly service and reasonable prices. It was the perfect place for our work group to unwind from a long day of meetings.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Great food , great service, the atmosphere leaves a lot to be desired.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

The scallops were delicious. The jalepeno poppers weren't as good as I had heard but tasty. Crab meat quesadillas were awesome! Crab cakes very good! A little pricey but not surprising for seafood. Jaclyn was our server and she was special. Very attentive and professional. There were a few bar flys that made our party feel uncomfortable. A lot of staring at my wife and sister. The restrooms were filthy!! Management needs to get a grip and you could have a five star spot.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Williamsburg, Virginia
“Great Seafood Hidden Away”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I have been going to Harpoon Larry's for many years now and I must say that the food has been consistent over the years - Great! ( I first discovered Harpoon Larry's in Virginia Beach, Va over 20 years ago - I am told that they now have separate owners) I ordered my favorite, Crab Legs, Baked Potato, Hush Puppies. My wife and also ordered Rum runners and Jalapeno Poppers ( You have to try these - they are great!) Our meal was very enjoyable and we can't wait to return.
A note - as others have mentioned - it looks like a dive on the outside ( and a bit on the inside) but don't let that stop you. Also note that they are moving to a new location ( In June 2013 I believe). They will be moving to Newport News into the old Yukon Steak House location. I can't wait to visit them there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere