“Awesome place to crash the family” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book now and save 25%
Ranked #1 of 37 hotels in Newport News
Newport News, Virginia
“Awesome place to crash the family”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2014

My family visited me a few weeks ago and I put them up in this hotel due to its location and the property brand. I'm very pleased with Garden Inn brand, and when I need to make reservations, I know exactly what I am getting: An upscale room, a reasonable price and a decent location. This was no exception. I checked out the rooms before my parents came into town, and there were no surprises. My parents said that the beds were amazing with the adjustable firmness (a feature I hadn't used previously) and the staff were overly friendly and helpful. Once again, another job well done.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

207 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
McLean, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2014 via mobile

Pros:
- The hot, made-to-order breakfast was delicious, convenient, and a good value (although not included in room price)
- The building is modern and attractively decorated
- Fireplace and seating in lobby/lounge is a nice feature

Cons:
- The shower head in our bathroom leaked profusely. They addressed the issue promptly when we called the front desk, but it still needed more work after that.
- The HVAC unit in our room started rattling obnoxiously after a few minutes of use, which caused us to wake up a lot in the night.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Mocksville, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

This hotel is in great shape. The rooms and the facilities were all very clean. Housekeeping was very thorough. What made our trip was the gentleman at the front desk. I have traveled all over and am loyal to this hotel chain and he was hands down the most helpful, professional, friendly staff member I have ever encountered. I don't have enough good things to say.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Montgomery, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

This is an extremely nice hotel for the price. We were more than satisfied. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling in the area. We will be using Hilton Garden Inn in the future. Great place!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Decatur, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at this HGI for a weekend trip to Tidewater. Newport News is a pretty central spot for trips to Williamsburg, Jamestown, Norfolk, and VA Beach. The lobby is lovely, and there was usually free coffee available (though it wasn't always hot). Rooms have refrigerators and microwaves, which is very convenient. Staff was uniformly friendly, helpful, and professional. Nice pool and hot tub area. Good fluffy towels. Neutrogena bath products. Typical uncomfortable hotel pillows. TV remote is a little difficult to operate. Our room was a little noisy every time the people above us used the bathroom. I think the one thing that would keep me from staying here again is the breakfast -- it's $10 for a buffet that isn't really any better than most free hotel breakfasts. There's a super-friendly guy cooking eggs to order and a very sweet Asian woman waiting tables. But we could never eat $10 worth of this kind of food -- for that much money I'd go to a good breakfast place. We did take advantage of the free coffee. Rooms have Keurig coffee makers, though the K-cups they provide are not great. We bought a box of K-cups and made our own coffee.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

The room was huge. Very clean and the staff were extremely nice. Greeted as I came in the door.Hotel overall very clean. The pool and hot tub were a welcome surprise. This hotel is closed to shops and many food locations. It's easy to pick everyone's favorite meal. It is also close to the highway so easy on and easy off. I highly recommend this hotel. Whenever I'm in the neighborhood, Ill stay here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

You can't go wrong with Hilton. The things that matter in place and great quality. I felt the sincere care for customer details across all items. to mention a few as I arrived at airport I noticed how swiftly and kindly the shuttle got me to hotel. Clean and fresh bath towels not worn out. All amenities were of top quality. Desk clerks were swift to resolve any adjustments. Pastor Donnie W Bryant USAF Retired

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Newport News? Share your experiences!