“Not the best Experience at this Cracker Barrel” 2 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #55 of 366 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: American, Californian
Columbia, Pennsylvania
“Not the best Experience at this Cracker Barrel”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stopped here thinking we knew what to expect....boy, this was the worst meal i ever had at a Cracker Barrel. The waitress seemed more occupied with the little speaker thing in her ear than when we were ordering. The store wasnt crowded at all when we were there. (which suprised me) Might have been 20 people (if that) in the restaurant. My mom ordered coffee, we had to ask for creamers twice before she ever brought them.For dinner I ordered the fried shrimp with mashed potatoes, carrots and cole slaw. Shrimp itself, was ok, a tad over fried (real crispy). I only got 5 carrots (seriously) and the mashed potatoes....YUCK! were horrible. They were soooo dry. they came out with only about a teaspoon of gravy on them. I had to ask for more gravy just to make them creamier. I never knew mashed poatoes could be so dry and tasteless. It took the waitress like 10 minutes to bring more gravy and that was after i had to ask a second time. Mind you, the place was NOT crowded at all. By the time i got the gravy the rest of my food was cold. My mom ordered the roast beef dinner. That was the smallest portion that I ever saw at a Cracker Barrel. One small little piece of meat. Although my mom said it was done nicely, it was just a very small portion. We stopped at Cracker Barrel because we always enjoyed their food at other Cracker Barrel locations. This was not up to Cracker Barrel standards in my book. I will say that the ladies over in the General Store area were very nice and polite. Pleasure to talk to. I will probably stay away from this Cracker Barrel if I am ever in that area again. Very Disappointed!!

• Visited June 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Newport News, Virginia
“Can never go wrong stopping in here”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

the down home feel and the great southern tasting food make eating here a must. Of course we can never leave without buying some candy on the way out.

Visited January 2013
La Crosse, Wisconsin
“Great atmosphere, amazing staff and excellent food!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

I was in town with my spouse and we saw this place while driving through town. We decided to stop in to get some dinner before checking into the hotel and we were pleasantly surprised. The quality of the food, the staff, and the property blew us away. If we are ever in Newport News again, this will be the first place we stop!!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Herndon, Virginia
“a reliable place for great food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Lots of tasty choices and reasonable prices, along with friendly staff and a nice gift shop. This is always a great choice.

Visited May 2013
“Good breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a great breakfast, food and service always good. And the store's an added bonus! Always enjoy browsing after a meal

• Visited February 2013