“Decent Food But Not Worth Price” 3 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Brazilian
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Hampton Roads, VA
“Decent Food But Not Worth Price”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went with a party of 10 for dinner on a Saturday evening and left disappointed. We had reservations for 7:30 and waited about 20 minutes for our table once we arrived. We ordered some bottles of wine and because our server was not 21 he could not serve the wine, so he brought out drinks for everyone who ordered them and I had to remind him twice about the wine, he had to find a server 21 or older to serve the wine and this took about 30 minutes. The salad bar was very good, many different food options to choose from and everything was very good. The meats they offered that evening were just mediocre, the pork was well overcooked and dry, the filet was good, but overall the meat was just too overcooked and not worth the money. I may go back in the future and give them another chance, but it won't be anytime soon.

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Virginia
“Good food. Go for lunch.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

I'd never gone brazilian before so I have nothing to compare my visit to. I like the restaurant for a date or nicer meal. Lunch on a weekday is much cheaper than dinner and if you sign up for their birthday, your meal is free with a coupon they send. The food is good but its all about the meat and most of it is beef, plus pork, whitefish,BBQed chicken thighs, and bbq shrimp--and grilled pineapple. There's a big salad bar, plus soup, beef stroganoff, penne with sauce, collards, beans, rice, breads, and fried bananas. We go early or late(11-1145ish or 2-3) and the meats come around much faster and it's not crowded at all. The "lemonade" is great but expensive at $3.50. Here's a tip--5 more meats are served for dinner. If you go around 230, you can pay lunch price but at 3, dinner meats are served. So you can get the dinner selection for lunch price. Don't go if you are in a big hurry, it takes about 45 mins to rotate through all the meats. If you like something, you can ask for more than one piece. The servers are great. If there's something you like, tell them and they will bring it and you won't have to wait for the rotation. Also, everyone puts the tips into one big pot and they are split up at the end of the shift. All the servers and meat servers are nice and can help you since their pay depends on it. Kids 6 and under eat free too--so it's great for families unless you have picky kids like mine-- who won't try ANYTHING.

Leesburg, Virginia
“Up there as one of the best meals I have had!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

Let me start off. My family, friends, and I were looking at colleges around Norfolk/Newport News. The places was right next to our hotel. Reservations are recommended! This place was perfect, but I am going to break down my review into short paragraphs.

First, when they say your wait is 30-45 minutes, it will probably be 20-30 minutes. The place is very crowded at all times, and it is a nicer restaurant, so ditch the t-shirt and camo shorts, and put on a polo and a nice pair of khakis. The waitress we had was very attentive, and the staff are very friendly.

Next, you start off with the "Salad Fiesta". Just a site note, I suggest you order water, since it doesn't fill you up as quickly as soda. I would think they call it a fiesta cause of all the different options. Just saying, coconut and pineapple on a salad is phenomenal. There is also sushi, fried bananas, cheese rolls, and so much more! Everything was delicious.

The second part of the meal includes as much meat as you can handle. Your table has a small pole with green and red on each end. Clearly, Green means go, and red means stop. As soon as it is on green, you are struck with people coming at you with all kinds of meat. I would just like to say in advance, some people are saying the food is overcooked. When they come around, they ask you what cook you want the meat, as on the skewer, they have different cooks. They have anything you could possibly ask for. There was no stopping me, considering I hadn't eaten in about 8 and a half hours. Amazing. Everything was perfect. They had filet mignon wrapped in bacon, teryaki steak, great chicken, top sirloin, any kind of meat you wanted. I must say, the fish that I had was a little bit over-fried, but it was still delicious, and this is coming from a kid who kinda really hates 99.9% of the fish out there. You also HAVE TO HAVE THE GRILLED PINEAPPLE THAT COMES TO YOUR TABLE!

That is my review. I strongly recommend this place for anybody that comes here. It may be a bit pricey, but you will be over-satisfied, and it is worth every penny.

Hampton, Virginia
“Hot & spicy chicken thighs!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

Restaurant was packed at about 6:30 pm on a Tuesday, however we were seated quickly at 5:30. Wait staff and managers were very attentive. Don't bother with the specials. The place consists of a giant salad bar and roaming meats carved table-side. The salad bar was outstanding. Meats were good, but a little over-cooked and dry to our liking. The glazed chicken thighs were very spicy. Grilled vegetables were also very good. Grilled pineapple was delicious. This location seems to benefit from business travelers at the Marriott next door. Dinner is about $20 each plus drinks and tax. There is a reduced price lunch menu. You will not leave hungry. We will go back.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Pooler, Georgia
“Make Reservations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

This was our second time at Tucanos and I would definitely recommend it. We made reservations for 7p.m. and were seated within 15 minutes of arriving. Our waitress was very friendly, knowledgeable, and cordial. The salad bar was delicious and had a wide variety of toppings and other items. The fried bananas were perfect. Once we flipped our signal to green, the meat parade began. The servers were excellent and kept coming on out. I enjoyed the grilled pineapple and the bacon wrapped filet medallions. Since it was my wife's birthday, they came out and did their special song and promptly embarrassed her. We will definitely be going back to Tucanos.