“A TRUE HIDDEN GEM” 5 of 5 stars

Description: 757-968-5595
Virginia
“A TRUE HIDDEN GEM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

A co-worker had told me about Rick's about a month ago. I am furious with myself for not trying it sooner.. My girlfriend and I tried it last night in the middle of a storm.. We were hungry and had been out shopping all day.. She said how about a good hot sandwich from somewhere.. This seemed like the perfect time to try Rick's Cheesesteak Shop.. So we did, it's a small quaint little shop, family owned and Excellent service. We were greeted at the door, with "Welcome to Rick's will you be dining in or carry out?" We said dining in and the greeter said, Feel free to sit anywhere. 2 seconds later we had menus and he took our drink order. I am so glad that we order the 8in; because we could barely eat all of it. The pastrami was the BOMB!!! My girlfriend had the Bacon/Cheesesteak she had to use a fork to eat half the meat off of it before she could pick it up in her hands!!!! When I say the dining experience was...THE BEST!!! Friendly service and made to order food!!!! Can't wait to go back!!!!!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Newport News, Virginia
“OMG!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2012

Ricks' right around the corner from our house and we just recently discovered it? What is wrong with that picture!!!
We went on a Sunday after church and it was busy but not buzzing with people. We rdered a large Italian Phillycheese and fries and split the order. There's no way a human can eat a whole sandwich as served!! When they brought it to the table we just stared for a while. Since there's no way you can grab the whole sandwich, we decided the best way it to eat it with a folk. It was out of this world!! Best sandwich we've had in a long time.
Prices are reasonable and service was very good. Will certainly come back again and again :)

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Yorktown, Virginia
“A Heaping Helping of Heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012

I discovered Rick's at a Boy Scout Blue and Gold Banquet to which he brought sandwiches and my life has never been the same. I have followed them to three different locations and, without a doubt, have eaten the best sandwiches that I have ever had the pleasure of tasting within their walls. They specialize in cheese steaks but I cannot for the life of me resist their grilled pastrami reuben. That sandwich is a miracle by itself. Add to it a pickle spear, some chips and the best root beer on earth- every one of my kids agree on that point- and you have a meal fit for a king...or a hungry army. We travel in a herd and always have the same experience- great service, comfortable atmosphere and world class sandwiches. We also travel extensively up and down the eastern seaboard and I have never had a better sandwich in all of my samplings. It is definitely worth a visit...or two.

• Visited April 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Best in town!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012 via mobile

I've tried every cheese steak and sub place in town and this place is in the top of the charts. Great subs, hot dogs and burgers too! Unlike some cheese steak shops in town you don't have to wait 45 minutes or a cheese steak. Prices are reasonable. Service is generally very good. They also have excellent sweet tea. Highly reccomended !

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere