“Call in your order! It's worth the wait!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 395 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Korean
Newport News, Virginia
“Call in your order! It's worth the wait!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2014

Why haven't I tried this place sooner? The food was excellent. I got the Korean Style Wings with half soy and half hot. I can't even tell you which one is my favorite. They both were delicious. The hush puppies and fries were good too. My lunch partner got the Soy and Garlic Drums. She really enjoyed them. We were expecting her to get drumettes but they gave her big drums. The seasonings and sauces on the chicken worked so well together. The chicken was fried perfectly. It was worth the forty five minute wait. I noticed that people of all races and backgrounds enjoy this place. I'm just upset that I didn't try it sooner. But hey, I'm glad to have found this hidden gem!

I am rating this place based on it being a take out restaurant. The complaints would come in if you are trying to get a quick meal or dine in. Call your order in at least twenty five minutes before your arrival. The food can take thirty to forty five minutes to be prepared. However, it is worth the wait!!!

“Fantastic food!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

My husband, our 7 month old daughter amd myself went here together. It is a very small place that you would not expect such great food. The sweet tea was amazing as well. It was just as good as the tea I am used to back home in Tennessee. The only thing that was a little difficult was that they do not have a baby changing table. Other than that lets just say we plan on going A LOT more.

“Fried chicken and seafood”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2014

This restaurant is in a small strip mall. The atmosphere is casual. An older couple helped us. I ordered a seafood platter $13 with shrimp, scallops, fish, and a side of hush puppies and Kimchi. The food was fine..just too much fried food. The kimchi was good. My husband ordered the regular fried chicken wings. It was ok but not amazing.

Newport News, VA
“Good Food & Service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2013

My husband & I have eaten here a few times this year. We've had the Korean chicken & seafood. The first time we got the Korean chicken it was amazing. The next time it didn't have the same taste. It was good but just not as amazing as the first time. You get your choice of sour pickled sweet radish or cole slaw with the Korean chicken. We did not care for the sour pickled sweet radish. I do not like cole slaw. I wish they had more choices for the side with the Korean chicken. The last time we went we had seafood. It was good. The beer is always cold and the service fast & friendly.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
newport news
“Nice Spot....Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was my first time visiting this restaurant. We decided to give it a try, not knowing what to expect....My daughter ordered the Korean wings half with soy garlic and the other half spicy. The soy garlic wings were divine...They were lightly breaded and fried to perfection....I ordered the seafood platter with the fish and butterfly shrimp....I could not finish the platter as it was a huge portion. The food was not greasy and very tasteful... I am very picky about where and what I eat, and I truly enjoyed this place... Will definitely be returning....The speed of the food coming to the table was a little slow because they prepare their food to order, which is a definite plus.......

• Visited June 2013