“Nice Spot....Well worth a visit” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #59 of 396 Restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Korean
newport news
“Nice Spot....Well worth a visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

This was my first time visiting this restaurant. We decided to give it a try, not knowing what to expect....My daughter ordered the Korean wings half with soy garlic and the other half spicy. The soy garlic wings were divine...They were lightly breaded and fried to perfection....I ordered the seafood platter with the fish and butterfly shrimp....I could not finish the platter as it was a huge portion. The food was not greasy and very tasteful... I am very picky about where and what I eat, and I truly enjoyed this place... Will definitely be returning....The speed of the food coming to the table was a little slow because they prepare their food to order, which is a definite plus.......

• 4 of 5 stars Food

Williamsburg, VA
“High Ranking deserved!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

I was told this place was ranked #1 Restaurant in Newport news, VA so it seemed a good idea to try it. We arrived early for lunch and were greeted and seated by a very nice lady. Since we had herd that the Wings were delicious we decided to try them. I chose the soy/garlic sauce and my companion chose half of that and half hot. Since the food is cooked to order, it takes a while but the wait was not terrible. We also tried the Beef Biogi which is a dish I love! It was excellent and was served with rice and whole string beans in a tasty sauce.

When the wings arrived, I was surprised that they were battered and fried. I had not been expecting the batter but, they were so crispy and tasty that I got over that quickly. I have to say they were the biggest wings I have ever had! They came with pickled radish and Kimchee. The radish was very good and the kimchee was fresh but pretty spicy as it should be.

The menu was extensive with many fish dishes and I think I will go back to try them.

The wait staff and the owner were so friendly, helpful and pleasant that we felt very welcome.

We were told to call ahead to place an order to eat in and the wait would not be so long.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Virginia
“okay food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

The food was okay, but the wait was ridiculous. We waited almost 45 minuites to get our food and there was only one other table in the restaurant that was occupied. There are other Korean restaurants to go to where the food is equally as good and the wait is not absurd. However, our server was very good. With that said, I doubt we will return.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Goochland, Virginia
“bleh!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

Not enough food for the price! Seems like everything is fried. I'd rather eat a gas station hot dog, they are cheaper and more filling!

Visited April 2013
“Amazing chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

I had to try it after reading all of the amazing reviews. My wife and I got the large order of Korean fried chicken and hush puppies to eat while waiting for the chicken. They were great. The large order was way too much food, but made an excellent lunch the next day. Even cold the chicken was delicious. I will definitely be going back here. Next time will just be ordering the wings though, they were my favorite part.

• Visited April 2013