“A local favorite!” 5 of 5 stars

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Yorktown, Virginia
“A local favorite!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

The atmosphere with nice relaxing music, outstanding service & excellent food! Our favorite Thai place!

• Visited April 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Incredilbe Thai variety!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014

This is the second time in a matter a a week or two we have gone back after fist trying this restaurant. I have always liked Thai but never "loved" it. I definitely love the flavors and varieties of dishes offered at Tida Thai. I like heat in my spicy food, but not to the point where I cannot taste the varied ingredients, and definitely not the kind of spicy that is uncomfortably hot. Well, the dishes fit the bill here. Both times, the spiciness was there, but mixed in such a way that the meat marinades, vegetable variety, and sauces all still come through. The first trip I tried the drunken noodles with chicken, and this time the Beef Siam. My wife loved the drunken noodles so much (from stealing off my plate on our first visit) that she ordered this for herself this time! Also the prices are well in order and there is always plenty to take home to enjoy for lunch the next day. The atmosphere, location, and service are nothing to complain about, but also nothing outstanding. We go there for the food, and they are really good at what counts!!

• Visited February 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Newport News, Virginia
“Nice little hidden Gem”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

I've been there multiple times for lunch, there's never many people in there. So the service is usually quick. I love to sit outside on the balcony (weather permitting). Since I frequent the place on my lunch hour, I've never had any of their cocktails or alcoholic beverages. The food is good. I like the Sweet and Sour Chicken and a number of other things on the menu. Their spring rolls are always fresh and good. My excellent rating is because of the great service and food. I prefer this Thai restaurant over the one that's walking distance to me.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Yorktown, Virginia
“Nice Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2013

Enjoyed lunch today with my wife at Tida Thai in Newport News. We started with spring rolls, then I had a salad and ka phao vegetables and my wife had sweet and sour vegetables. It was very well prepared and the service was excellent.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“poor service on delivery”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2013

Have had multiple issues when they have delivered food to our house. I always ask for "sweet and sour" sauce on the side, which they charge me for. Twice in a row, I have paid for the side sauce and they forget it. By the time they come back with it, my food is cold and it's very annoying. The last time I ordered, the chicken was barely cooked, I mean it was RAW. I called them and they came back to get it and bring me another one. No apologies about the raw food or my inconvenience. When I asked them to refund my money for all the hassle (by the time I actually ate it was 9:30) she said that was not a possibility. I will say that the pad Thai is very good (when cooked) and I'm very sad that I just can't order from them anymore.

• Visited August 2013