“I would not have the slightest idea due to the fact I only...” 3 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Newport News

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Virginia Beach, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Upon first entering my room an inspecting the room, I noticed a burn "possible cigarette" on the window seat. then I noticed a stain on the comforter/duvet cover. When I called the front desk to ask for a change of linens they sent down what looked to be the front desk attendent's grandpa, complete with pajama's and poor english. Well grandpa showed up with another dirty comforter/duvet cover and when I told him that it wasn't acceptable he grudging left the room to find a cleaner looking one. When he returned with a clean on I watched him remake the bed. He took the fitted sheet off like it was on wrong or someone sleeping there previously had caused it to shift off the edge, Also the flat sheet looked crumpled like when someone gets in bed and pushes it to the bottom while still under the covers. Anyway that skeeved me out. What grossed me out more were the dirty shower walls. I took one of their rough towels and whiped the wall, only to find dust and grime. The hotel had free breakfast but it wasn't much to brag about. The juices were terrible and the cereal was of questionable freshness. I really though that the hotel wouldn't be so bad because it had the Wyndham name behind it but boy was I wrong. Wyndham should really put this place in check or revoke their name.

Room Tip: Only book if you're desperate.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a couple of weeks for business combined with a mini vacation and was very pleased with the accomodations.

Room was very comfortable and quite and the staff was pleasant and went out their way to make sure everything during my stay was enjoyable. Location was within walking distance to a number of very good restaurants and shops.

Patrick and the rest of the staff always took the time to answer any questions and always had a big smile for anyone they interacted with. That is something I don't see enough of when I travel these days. It was refreshing to see a staff that actually appreciates their guests.

• Stayed July 2014
Newport News
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

If we had gotten the room at a discount ($35-40) I probably would have ranked it higher because I would have expected less... But we ended up paying $90 a night. One of the beds had a dip in the middle, there were bugs in the room and it smelled. Normally, I'm not a complainer but our room was bad.

I must say that the staff was friendly, just the rooms were bad.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham

newport news
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

The stay was great the hotel clerk Patrick was awesome and gave us a great rate with the situation I was in...only problem is check out was too early and the cleaning staff forget to check the fridge for food from the previous guest...

• Stayed June 2014

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Newport News Airport? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Microtel Inn by Wyndham Newport News Airport

Address: 501 Operations Drive, Newport News, VA 23602
Location: United States > Virginia > Newport News
Business Center with Internet Access Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( Wi-Fi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #17 of 37 Hotels in Newport News
Hotel Class:2 star — Microtel Inn by Wyndham Newport News Airport 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Wyndham, Priceline, Tingo, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Venere and Otel so you can book your Microtel Inn by Wyndham Newport News Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Microtel Inn Newport News Hotel Newport News
Microtel Hotel Newport News
Microtel Newport News
Newport News Microtel

If you own or manage Microtel Inn by Wyndham Newport News Airport, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.