“Decent stay at a very decent price...” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save 15%; Earn 500 Points
Ranked #17 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Rhode Island
“Decent stay at a very decent price...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2013

Had to stay in Newport News area. Some of the hotels were charging way lot more than they should.

Microtel had one available at my price and I took that.

All I can say is, for a Microtel Inn (which is expected to have micro and tiny rooms), this was really well kept.

The room was small and I expected that, but was definitely clean! The staff was amazing!

Unlike some limited service hotels where I had to ring a bell and wait for someone to attend me, there were two front desk agents, properly dressed, greeted me.

Everything went as it should have been!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Patrick P, General Manager at Microtel Inn by Wyndham Newport News Airport, responded to this review, November 22, 2013
Dear Guest:

Again, thank you for completing our survey and if I can be of assistance to you, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 757 249 8355.

Patrick Patel
Microtel Inn & Suites Newport News

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Newport News, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Just stayed there due to an emergency situation. Won't stay again.
I itched all night from the time the time I left.
After being on the bed for maybe an hour, I noticed I had 2 little bumps on my face that kept itching.
Also, there were 3 of the strangest bugs I have ever seen in the room. My friend and I could not figure out what in the world they were but they were kind of big.
One was on the ceiling. I killed it.
Later after turning off the light I was watching TV..the 2nd one appeared crawling across the screen. (UGHHH) I couldn't kill him because as soon as I turned the light back on, it crawled right up into the TV.
I then jumped up scared because Ok..if its 2 then there are more. I stood on the bed and checked the track lighting that runs directly over the bed. Sure enough there was another one RIGHT OVER THE BED!

So yeah..long story short I didn't sleep good.

Oh yeah also as soon as I got in the room I pulled the comforters off because they were really old and yellow looking. there were small hairs in my sheets...

Room Tip: Bring Lysol and bug spray
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Guest:

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 757 249 8355.

Patrick Patel
Microtel Inn & Suites Newport News

Been to Microtel Inn by Wyndham Newport News Airport? Share your experiences!