“A staple restaurant for us....” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 391 Restaurants in Newport News
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Delivery, Late Night
Description: This is a local chain in Newport News
VA
“A staple restaurant for us....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

This is a great littel restaurant with very fresh, quality food. Every pizza I've ever ordered here was fantastic - I do ask for extra sauce as I like a saucy pizza. I love the square pizza and ordered it one day to feed folks doing work in my back yard. They all asked where it came from & raved about how good it was.
They have such a variety of dishes - all done very well. I love the meatload & mashed potatoes (REAL mashed potatoes!).
The Chicken Tikka Roll is delicious - I order two but never finish them.
Their wings are also delicious (bbq or hot).
Try the crab balls - so very tasty and full of crab meat. They're good hot or cold (the next day right out of the frig). I've heard the crab cake is also great and based on the crab balls, I'm sure they are.
I honestly don't know how they turn out such great quality, tasty food with the size of the menu - but they do - over and over again.
They offer delivery which I use often and ordering online is easy and you can watch the progress of the order.
The folks that work there are friendly, knowlegeable, accommodating, and really roll out some great food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Hampton
“It's a great local restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

Sunrise is a great local restaurant with very nice employees & delicious food! My favorite is the chicken tender wrap! & They also deliver! :)

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Newport News, Virginia
“Best GYROS!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

The gyros are absolutely delicious! Although the first time my boyfriend and i went they put waaaaay to much sauce on it, that was just a mess to eat. But it was Still good. So of course we went back, and this time we asked for less sauce on it. And it was PERFECT!! Needless to say we go there all the time. Also the customer service was friendly :)

• Visited May 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2014 via mobile

Sunrise has amazing customer service. They make sure to go above and beyond to make their customers happy. The food satisfies every taste bud. I would recomended it to any pizza lover

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Good food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

Best pizzeria in Newport News also pasta people are talking about the sunrisepizzeria all hampton road. .....