“Absolutely LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Fin Seafood is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #20 of 389 restaurants in Newport News
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Good for: Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Description: Ever have one of those nights where you can’t decide what you want to eat? No need to look any further. Welcome to FIN-the ultimate destination for Surf as well as Turf. Whether you are having a romantic evening for two or a business dinner for 20, FIN is sure to surpass your highest expectations. Why not join us tonight? Our private dining room “The Portside Room” is available to accommodate up to 40 guests.SERVING LUNCH: Sunday-Friday 11am-2:30pmSERVING DINNER:Nightly from 4:30pm
Newport News, Virginia, United States
“Absolutely LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

This was our first time at Fin since the management change and let's just say no one has to twist our arm to go back. We tried their new lunch special 3 courses for $15.00. The food was amazing. The Sweet Corn Soup alone hit a high note and is just wonderful. The wedge salad was aesthetically appeasing and was very refreshing. I had never had sheppards pie but wanted to try it and I am so glad that I did. They make it with crab and beef (surf and turf)! The fish and chips are amazing. As far as dessert, PHENOM! I ordered the push pop-peanut butter chocolate pretzel. They handmade the ice cream and it was wonderful. I have saved the best for last...Chris made the entire experience! We absolutely love him-such a pleasure!! Thank you!

• Visited August 2012

75% Recommend
Deltaville, Virginia
“Nice Special Occasion Spot”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We selected Fin Seafood for a birthday celebration. The atmosphere is upscale with a casual feel. We selected the 5 course tasting menu with wine ($90). The food was perfectly prepared and attentively presented. Our waiter achieved just the right balance of attentiveness, without hovering. The wine selection was too adventuresome for my taste. The appetizer wine had a very heavy grapefruit taste that did not complement the excellent corn bisque with crab soup. I also thought the red wine served with the roasted lamb (again the best lamb I’ve had in a US restaurant) was too sweet for the dish. We look forward to returning to this restaurant, but will choose our own wine from their excellent list. I appreciated the number of split bottles they offer, which we find just the right amount for two diners.

• Visited July 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Hampton, Virginia
“Upscale dining without feeling too "upscale"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2012

We have been to Fin numerous occasions, and its always excellent. The Sunday brunch is great as well, the crab cakes are delish! I haven't had a bad dish yet! The wine list is very good, and every martini I have had has been excellent! I just heard they offer military discounts which I didn't know about, and haven't been there to ask, but I will next time.

• Visited June 2012
Yorktown, Virginia
“Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Very nice setting, very good service and really delicious seafood. It was my first time there as I was not familiar with Fin Seafood, a friend of mine took me to lunch and I will be back.

Visited April 2012
Geneva, NY
“Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2012 via mobile

Food and service were fantastic! Definitely try the grilled romaine salad.