“Don't stay” 2 of 5 stars

Ranked #33 of 37 hotels in Newport News
marble hill, ga
“Don't stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2012 via mobile

For what you pay for you pay more. Our room had missing light bulbs the blankets has stains. Pictures are not current.

• Stayed January 2012

9 people have reviewed this hotel

Solo
Business
North Bergen, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2008

Thought I was safe being close to Fort Eustis but the light bulb should have gone off when it was as low as $50 per night. I have paid as low as $29 dollars a night for a room with a different more upscale resort and it turned out to be a dream come true so I thought I may be lucky again....this time it was not the case! Unfortunately we (myself, my baby, and my mother) arrived at night when it is more difficult to view things. There were groups of questionable folks hanging around the hotel which made me very uneasy. The first room we had gone to wreaked of stale smoke and mildew, so I requested a second room. The second was just a bit better in scent but as soon as we pulled down the dirty looking bed linen a roach called across the bed, while my mother tried to kill it, she noticed a black crawling speck, which turned out to be a swollen tick. We needed no other demonstration we fled the room like bats out of hell. Since it was a major holiday weekend we wound up paying an arm and a leg for a hotel room elsewhere. I was refunded the money that I paid but even that took forever. Please folks take my advice this is no place for a decent normal human being unless you are used to filth and the dredges of society.

• Liked — Sorry not one dog gone thing!
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2006

I just returned from my visit to Newport News and wanted to give this hotel a good review while it was still on my mind. I believe that most times if people have an enjoyable stay in a hotel, they simply don't submit a review, and most reviews given are from those who experience something disagreeable. I was very pleased with Econolodge. It was in a very good location, easy to find, and convenient to many other things. I got a very good night's sleep on a very good matress. The room appeared to have new carpet and fresh paint. It was very clean and smelled good. In the mornings, the continental breakfast was good. The pool looked nice. While we were gone out the next day, we returned to a room that had been thoroughly cleaned. I would definitely stay in this hotel again if in the Newport News area.

Marsha Lounsberry
Belcher, KY

• Stayed July 2006
Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2006

I had to check out a day earlier than planned and manager would not refund me for the unused night. Romm had a musty smell, holes in the ceiling, no hair dryers, and not even a bottle of shampoo! I think they offered free breakfast but I didn't see any.

• Stayed February 2006
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2005

The room hadn't seen a good vacuuming in some time. Dirty, filthy carpeting. Killed one spider when I walked in the room and had one crawl on me in the night. I seriously doubt the sheets had been changed from the previous customer as there were dozens of hairs on the sheets. Last but not least there appeared to be something red on the walls that looked like blood.

• Stayed April 2005
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2004

Hit or miss maid service
Had to leave shoes on in room because carpets were sticky. Pass this one by.

Been to Econo Lodge Ft. Eustis? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Econo Lodge Ft. Eustis

Address: 15237 Warwick Blvd., Newport News, VA 23608
Location: United States > Virginia > Newport News
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free Breakfast Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #33 of 37 hotels in Newport News
Hotel Class:2 star — Econo Lodge Ft. Eustis 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Tingo, HotelsClick, Agoda, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Econo Lodge Ft. Eustis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Newport News Econo Lodge

If you own or manage Econo Lodge Ft. Eustis, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.