Let me start off by saying that the staff at ESA was very friendly and, when the issue was a complaint, very apologetic. Over all, the lacked the level of professionalism that I think would help them out a great deal. The employees smoking area was the front door to the lobby, forcing any guest to walk through the relaxing employee's second hand smoke to enter the building. The conversations among staff were easily loud enough to be over heard and not appropriate for the workplace, including crude discussion of breast augmentation and the quality of erotic dance clubs in the area. The front desk employees seemed to be in a position to have to make excuses more often than not:
1. When asked for quarters (as directed by a sign in the guest laundry), they explained that they were out because so many guests had been requesting them.
2. When asked for the safety key for the treadmill (without which, the equipment cannot be used), they explained that a guest "stole it" three months ago.
3. When asked for information about the channel lineup or the wireless access, they explained that "corporate handles all of that, and they don't know".
4. When asked how a guest was issued a working card to my room at 1 AM (I forgot to bolt the door), they explained that the night clerk doesn't have access to the computers.
The only thing that really bugged me is that my repeated attempts to speak with the general manager went unanswered; I am left to conclude that the staff suffers worst from poor leadership and direction. I think this hotel could thrive with better management.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Agoda, Hotels.com and Low Cost Holidays so you can book your Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.