Bookmark
You added Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
New York City, New York
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

The room was very spacious. perfect for 3 or 4 people. only inconvenience was the hotel curfew that got us locked out the hotel and had to wait to be buzzed in at 2 am.. then luckily someone was in our room that decided to stay in or else we would have been locked out of the room too. other than that it was a perfect stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies about the front door being locked. At Extended Stay we do take the safety of our guests seriously, our front door does lock at 11PM and unlocks at 7AM daily, a room key is needed to gain access to the hotel. In response to your feedback, I have discussed this with my staff to make sure they are explaining this during check in to ensure your experience is not repeated. Still, I am pleased tat you enjoyed you overall stay at our hotel.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at NNJ @extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Lynchburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

I called twice before arriving and requested and confirmed two double beds in the room instead of the one queen and one sleeper sofa as originally booked. The last call was a few days before arrival. I called on the trip and told them I'd be checking in later that night. I went to the wrong hotel first (could be a little more specific with the name- it was really frustrating when the laundry lady at the other Extended Stay on Jefferson avenue didn't know anything, couldn't work the computer, and didn't give me any options but a two twin bed... glad I called the number I was given and to my relief we were at the wrong hotel. I would NEVER stay at the sketchy/ shady Extended Stay on Jefferson (not the Hornsby Lane one- which is right off Jefferson).)\ We went to the Hornsby Lane Extended stay. Terri was the sweetest person ever and went above and beyond to make us welcome and comfortable. She gave us snacks, fresh linen. However, whoever confirmed, twice, that we would have two double beds in out room LIED. It was midnight and we had no other option but to take the room with a queen and a sleeper sofa. Half of us slept horribly. I also requested non-smoking, and was given smoking. Horrible smell... But Terri got us into a non-smoking room. Going up the elevator, you could smell the scents of the different floors. Chicken, smoke, etc. The third floor is smoking. At least the second room smelled decent, although strongly a deodorizer scent. The bathroom had mildew on the shower curtain. The tops of the wallpaper/ ceilings had areas where the masking tape/ wallpaper was plastered over with popcorn ceiling/ paint. The furnishings were adequate, the tv worked. There wasn't much noise. They room had a gallow kitchen- we used the fridge, toaster, microwave (all worked). Can't comment on the stove or dishwasher- didn't use them. There were only 2 bowls/ plates etc provided- we had 4 people. The ac left the person next to the bed freezing while the others were warm. Breakfast was good on Friday morning, but Saturday morning it was very picked over by 9:30 am. On Sunday morning, we went downstairs at 9:30 again for breakfast, and there was nothing there. A bubblegum popping ( attendant told us it was only until 9 am. I was sure that the sign I saw was until 10 am daily.... anyway, at our request she did give us some muffins and fruit. Also, the brochure said that we could request a later checkout- which I woke up early on Sunday morning to do just that... the front desk said there was no way that was possible. There were some issues with billing at the end. Only one of our key cards worked. Internet was ok. Pool was open but we didn't use it. Very close to several restaraunts and I-64. Walmart about a half mile away, across an overpass. I didn't come in contact with other guests very much, but my daughter said the car parked next to us, with curse words painted on it, was one of the hotel workers (male) she saw walk in. We used priceline and got the room for very cheap using name your own price. But I'm not sure if I'd take that risk again if I were traveling with more than 2 people since they don't keep their promises... and the risk that the other shadier looking Extended Stay down the road might be what I get. We were there for a Busch Gardens weekend. It was about a 20-30 min ride to BG.

Room Tip: Third floor is smoking. They may not actually give you the room you called twice about, requested, c...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, August 16, 2013
Your review for our hotel was recently brought to my attention. I am very sorry that we were unable to provide you with the room type that was requested and that your room was unclean upon arrival. In response, I will be working with our housekeeping staff to improve our cleaning procedures. Still, I am glad that Terri was able to make you feel welcome and comfortable, especially by providing you with snacks and fresh linen. As well, I am glad that you liked our grab-and-go breakfast and our hotel's location.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at NNJ@extendedstay.com. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.
Quaker City
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2013

WOW! What a pleasnt surprise!!! I was greeted by an exceptional employee, a beautiful room- (that actually has a 4 burner stove AND an oven .) , A clean outdoor pool , and is located nicely. Airport across the street , quality resturants all around , shopping next door and easy access to highway . A nice long hot shower this morning and a breakfast to go that i can actually call breakfast, started my day off the way it should. i actually am looking forward to going to my home away from home this afternoon.

Room Tip: Ground floor seems a little noisy but overall a nice place at the right price
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Timothy - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that our staff was so welcoming at check-in and that you truly enjoyed your room. As well, it is great that you liked our location and the grab-and-go breakfast we offer complimentary each morning.

Edinburgh, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

We only spent one night here, so we can't speak to how well this would suit anyone needing to stay long-term. The staff was very friendly as were all of the other guests we came in contact with. Our room rate was less than that of other hotels we stayed at during our trip, yet we had far more space. We were more aware of the noise at this location, then at other hotels, but that is probably due to the construction and age of the building. It was never obnoxiously loud, and having a toddler with us, we probably contributed as much to the noise as any other guests. We did enjoy the proximity to restaurants (Cheeseburger in Paradise, Cracker Barrel) as well as the accessibility to the Historic Triangle. As for the breakfast offerings, we anticipated that it would be limited, considering that every room has a kitchenette. It is nice that this chain offers the grab-and-go for those who are traveling for business, and wouldn't necessarily have the time to prepare something themselves. We would definitely consider visiting here again!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
The staff and I read your review, and would like to thank you for writing such pleasant things about our property. We are so pleased to hear that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. We look forward to seeing you in the future, should your travels bring you back to our area.
Herndon, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is an extended stay hotel, obviously, and probably works best for that type of business. I booked two rooms for two nights for a recent weekend trip. I was surprised to find the lobby clerk behind a sliding window rather than open counter. The "front desk" is only open from 7 am to 11 pm.

The room was clean, however they did not do maid service during our stay so no one emptied the trash, made the bed or changed the towels. The room had a full kitchen which would work well for extended stay however the breakfast was "grab & go" and open until 9:00 am. They had coffee and hot water for tea or instant oatmeal, apples, packaged blueberry muffins and granola bars. Less than I've seen at most complimentary breakfasts. Wireless internet is free in the room, however you need a pass code and we had to call the front desk to get it since we were not given it at check-in. i'm glad we realized we needed it before they closed the desk at 11:00 pm.

The staff was friendly, the bed was comfortable and the room was quiet when there wasn't someone in the hall. The hotel takes pets, so we did hear several barking dogs but they were quiet during the night. The hotel is next to Cheeseburger in Paradise and Carraba's so you have some convenient dining options. There were laundry facilities and a small exercise room on-site. They do not offer free toiletries and there are no hair dryers in the room.

I've stayed at extended stay places for short visits before and we always received daily maid service and had a hair dryer in the room. I wouldn't have minded if I had paid less for my stay but the rate was the same as other moderately priced hotels in the area. I give it three stars for extended stay, but I'd give it 2 1/2 stars compared to other hotels. The breakfast isn't worth being advertised as a free breakfast. It's more like coffee and maybe a granola bar.

Room Tip: no hair dryer or free toiletries in the room except soap
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Boracay, Philippines
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

Enjoyed the friendly Staff , especially Benita & Ron and even Bentley, Ron's very friendly dog (he's so cool) !! The rooms are very large and just so good for my wife and I who have travelled here to see our Grandkids and Children. The Full kitchen with stove and dishwasher was Awesome!!!! Its a sincere pleasure to reside here. My wife and I really love the closeness of the Shopping Malls and Restaurants, (Cheeseburger in Paradise, hehehe). It's priced very suitably for us retired people. Just absolutely the only place we will stay at always. We feel right at home.Sooo AWESOME! THANKS, Bulldog Dave

Room Tip: For folks with disabilities the bottom floors are a benefit.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Hope you enjoyed your time with your Grandkids and Children! I am proud of our team for providing such excellent customer service during your stay. It's so rewarding knowing that you and your wife enjoyed some of the ammenities that the area has to offer.

Montclair, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Enjoyed the friendly front desk workers, especially Angel & Ron!! The room layout was perfect for a family on the road. The Full kitchen with stove and dishwasher was Awesome!!!! We do a lot of travelling and it was great to feel right at home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
Norma - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I'm so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the kitchen amenities that we offer. I am also proud to hear that our team provided you will excellent customer service during your stay.

Been to Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue

Address: 12359 Hornsby Lane, Newport News, VA 23602
Location: United States > Virginia > Newport News
Ranked #18 of 38 Hotels in Newport News
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Extended Stay, Expedia, Priceline, Despegar.com, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.