“The clerks make the stay bearable.” 2 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue

You added Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   12359 Hornsby Lane, Newport News, VA 23602   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Petersburg, Virginia, United States
“The clerks make the stay bearable.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband is here on business so I tagged along thinking we could do some Xmas shopping. Elegria checked us in both times, we were here last week in a larger more accommodating room for our stay. That time we changed rooms once due to an unclean sink and bathroom floor being wet. Like I said Elegria made it right than. We arrived second time on Nov. 25th 2012 for a week, our room shrank, the refrigerator was so loud, so Elegria allowed us to choose from two other rooms which we did. We than went to eat and came back and to our dismay this room smells so bad. I understand pet friendly but cannot abide every room smelling like a wet dog. I and my husband have severe allergies and this is a huge problem here. So now we are here for a week in undesirable, confined, and smelly room so please beware of this situation here. The good thing here is the desk clerks are well trained and friendly, that be Elegria, Monique, and Ron. I will definitely be passing on our stay here to my husband's employer for most of the guys wive's don't know the conditions of their stay. I was former manager of Comfort Inn and Ramada so I know a little of hotels.
Hope this helps everyone.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies.

We know that our guests have multiple hotel choices, which is why we strive so hard to accommodate them with clean, comfortable rooms at an exceptional price. In order to meet the needs of our guests, we designate certain rooms for pets . Guests who do not have pets should always be placed in an available non pet room. Clearly there was a regrettable error, of which I have made all of our staff aware, during your stay.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of Extended Stay Hotels other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Windsor
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My husband booked a room at the Studio Plus in Newport News, VA just for the simple reason that my elderly parents are in town visiting, and there was no room at the house! I spent a few hours with him during the evening he checked in, and came back in the morning. VERY clean and neat! Really liked the convenient kitchen, and the shower was very clean and comfortable. Just like having your own little apartment! The manager, Robin, was very nice and friendly, and my first impression of her was that it seems effortless to manage this hotel. She seemed happy to be at her job! My husband & I will DEFINATELY return for a few weekend getaways!

Room Tip: I did not compare different rooms, but was very satisfied with ours!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
I would like to personally thank you for taking the time to write such wonderful things about your experience. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for the recognition.

Once again, I and the entire staff at our hotel thank you for your very kind words, and we'd love to see you here again. Please don't hesitate to call on me for your future stays here or at any other Extended Stay Hotels location.
newport news
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

We booked 3 weeks at this location as we waited to get into our new home. HUGE mistake! We chose this location based on the ammenities; full kitchen, and pool. When we checked in, we were ready to check out! The room we were given smelled horrible of mold! We changed rooms, and had the carpet cleaned the next day. We then had to spend half a day scrubbing the place down. The pool is closed more than it's open! If I had known they do not care for the pool, I would have never spent the extra money for this. Very disapointing stay! Save yourself the hassle and book somewhere else!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, August 22, 2012

We have also visited your concern about the proper functioning of the hotel pool. The pool recently underwent repairs which unfortunately, required us to close the pool at different times over a two week period. I do understand that this was one of your reasons for choosing our establishment and I apologize for the inconvenience this has incurred.

College Point, New York, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

First off, my sister and I had planned a road trip to Virginia Beach over 2 months ago and we made sure to call the property in advance so that we would have the room reserved and not worry about where we slept. It was an 8 hour drive from New York to Virginia, so we decided to call the hotel to ask what time the room would be ready in case we got there too early. So because we decided to call, we found out that not only was the hotel sold out for the nights we had reserved the room, but they told us that we couldn't stay there anymore because of it! Isn't this why people call in advance to book a room so that this doesn't happen? And wouldn't it be common courtesy to call the person who made the reservation that there aren't enough rooms before the actual arrival date scheduled? The managers should really consider retraining their employees, or hire new ones altogether.

Room Tip: the only tip to help travelers choose a good room would be not to stay here!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, October 25, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at our hotel. I was extremely dissapointed to see that we were unable to honor your reservation, please understand how truly sorry I am. Normally we will always contact a guest ahead of time if we are aware of a situation where we won't be able to honor a reservation. I have spoken with the manager at this particular location to ensure that this does not happen again. We have met with all front desk staff regarding this matter to make sure that they better understand how to handle a siutation such as this one in the future.

Again, I am deeply sorry for the inconvienance this caused you and your sister. I can assure you that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day and are constantly retraining our newer employees to keep everyone on the same page. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page.
White Stone, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

First off the location is great.I thought for the area it would be expensive but at the rate I got it I would reccomend this place to anybody whether it be long term or just a night.The staff at the front desk was so curtious, they went out of their way to make sure the stay was a good one.The rooms were nice and clean.It made you feel like you were in your own home.They treat you like family.I love this place.I got it thru priceline I wish there was a way I could request this place everytime.Shout out to the hotel staff....kudos....

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I would like to personally thank you for taking time out to write such wonderful things about your experience at Studio Plus Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue. Our hotel is totally committed to the satisfaction of every guest who walks through our doors, which is why it is so rewarding to get feedback like yours; it tells us that we are delivering on that commitment. We strive to provide a "home away from home" experience for all of our guests, no matter if they are staying for a night, a week, or a month. It sounds like we were able to do just that for you, and we are truly honored for your recognition.

Kirkland, WA
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

We arrived at about 1:00 a.m. by cab from the airport. Had it not been so late, or we had a vehicle, we would not have stayed. The night "manager" was surly, and insisted on making a copy of both my driver's license and credit card - I have never had a hotel do that - I mean, they already had the credit card for our guaranteed late arrival, so what was that about? We got upstairs to our room and it STUNK to high heaven of cigarette smoke. We called down to ask to switch and was told they were full. Um, in the morning we looked at the parking lot - they were not full.... (and we were up pretty early, so it's not like everyone else left before we were up). It was filthy, there were bugs, it stunk. In short, it was the worst hotel experience of my life. There was no shampoo, conditioner or a hair dryer in the bathroom. When my husband went downstairs to ask for a hair dryer they handed him one that was meant to be wall mounted, and told him repeatedly to make sure he returned it.... OMG, what a dump.

Room Tip: You want a tip to choose a good room? Don't stay at this hotel. I have given my travel agent a...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, responded to this review, July 11, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Studio Plus Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

I appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Newport News, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2012

I had a review up here but it got removed because of the truth but do not go here its not a place you would want to go as a family or any kind of other business. I wouldn't even sleep on there beds if I was you it was not up to par it was nasty don't let the manager fool you or lie to you because they don't care at all.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue

Address: 12359 Hornsby Lane, Newport News, VA 23602
Location: United States > Virginia > Newport News
Ranked #18 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Hotel Class:2 star — Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Extended Stay, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Booking.com and Tingo so you can book your Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.

If you own or manage Extended Stay America - Newport News - I-64 - Jefferson Avenue, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.