“Extend MY Stay with Jackie & friends” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point

Save Saved
You added Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point to your Saves list
Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   11708 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23606   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save up to 10% Today!
Ranked #24 of 37 hotels in Newport News
Newport News, Virginia
“Extend MY Stay with Jackie & friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

Very convienient to the whole Hampton Roads Area. Shopping, resturants, & "Night Spots" are very close & easy too get to, many within a 5 minute walk. Manager (Jackie) & her entire staff will make you feel like you're more of a "friend" than a paying guest. They're very attentive, polite, & ready to do whatever it takes to make your stay memorable. And they're cute, to boot!
My job is "100% Travel", so I stay in LOTS of different levels of hotels. I've found this particular location to be right up in the top 2 per cent of extended stay type hotels that I've stayed in. Great value, GREATER people, & a great location. WHEN I come back to the area, I'll be staying here again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
It was very kind of you to for take the time to publish a review of your stay at the Extended Stay America Newport News - Oyster Point. It's always satisfying to read positive feedback from our valued guests, like you. Although some companies run extravagant advertising campaigns for their hotels, we believe that the best kind of marketing is the public praise we get from our millions of customers. That's why the biggest investment we make is in our customers. Our staff is continually coached on how to best provide professional, accommodating, and friendly service to every guest. It sounds like we hit a home run in your case!

35 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Jacksonville, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

I would like to say that Ms. Jackie and her staff have treated my coleagues and I as if we were members of their family. I have personally been staying here since July. My room was better than average for an ESA. The staff is friendly and helpful, its quiet and close to most everything you need or want. I will be returning in the near future. If your looking for a good value and a nice place to stay I strongly recommend you call Ms. Jackie she will take take of you.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this review, December 21, 2012

Newport News, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2012

The staff is very friendly and helpful. Its pretty quiet but not saying that you don't have your occasional incidences. I have stayed here on and off for 3 years now and have had a few issues but the manager was quick to rectify them. You get what you pay for. It's not the Hilton so don't expect 5-star service.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front of the building tends to be more quiet than the back side.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
brish0213, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this review, October 25, 2012

North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

As a contract worker I've stayed in numerous "extended stay" hotels in the SE. This one is about average. It's fairly quiet and the staff have been very friendly and promptly take care of any issues I've had. It's pretty good value for the money. If you're in the market for somewhere to stay for a couple months, book online and get a better rate.

Room Tip: Top floor is for smokers and families, ground floor is their "recently" remodeled rooms. S...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
brish0213, Owner at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this review, October 22, 2012

Coupeville, Washington
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

I looked at the property online and let me tell you it is nothing like the pictures. The room was dirty, stains on walls, carpets filthy, there was a table with computer chairs that were dirty and stained, paint on cabinets chipped, faucet in kitchen dripped all night and room phone did not work. We had our grandson with us who is just 13 months old and he wanted to play on the floor and his feet would be filthy just from walking on it we had to keep his sandals on. Would never stay there again and not sure I would stay at any ESA and would not recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Check out reviews on a site like this one, don't just look at the pictures and the reviews on th...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this review, July 20, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Newport News - Oyster Point. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Raleigh, NC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

This location was rather a surprise, & the interior did not look ANYTHING like the picture online. While this was an "average" property, it was MUCH farther down Jefferson Avenue than the location I thought I was booking through their central reservations number. For some reason, we were booked at the Oyster Point location instead of the Hornsby property. So be sure to ask lots of questions if the difference matters to you, too.
The room size & the bed were both comfortable. However, the "kitchen" wasn't more than a "kitchenette" at most. It was alright for our brief stay, but if we were really looking to cook something, it could've been uncomfortable. Take your own sharp knife and/or veggie peeler; there was neither. The old tv kept losing its color & the bulb over the table was burned out, but the linens were very clean. (The floors - "not so much".) It was quite quiet until about 8:30am.
We checked in just before 9pm & had to call from an outside phone to get anyone in the busy office to open the locked lobby door. There was a "Guest Safety Tips" card in the room, also, worded strongly enough to put me on guard, but we did not see anyone in the vicinity who looked dangerous.
So, it wasn't what we booked and it was about 20 miles away from Williamsburg, but it was "ok", and the price was very fair for the amenities. It is close to the Hwy 17 intersection and to the Virginia Living Museum.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
ChristopherTM, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this review, July 16, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Newport News - Oyster Point. We take great pride in offering a clean, comfortable room at an affordable price, so I was happy to read your comments about your accommodations. However, I was disappointed to read the rest of your remarks. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

It is my pleasure to provide an explanation regarding the issue you described. Every part of our hotel, from the in-room features, to the design of the guest room hallways is an integral part in creating a "home away from home" experience for our guests. Since we recognize that a quiet, relaxing environment is critical to this goal, we have several systems to ensure that noise from within or outside the hotel doesn't interfere with your stay. Although rare, there are instances where a guest may hear noises from the surrounding area. Whenever we are informed of such disturbances, our standard procedure is to promptly identify the source of that disturbance and resolve it. I take full responsibility that we were unable to resolve this situation to your satisfaction during your stay.

Newport News
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2012

The room was affordable, and the customer service was great. However, the sheets had a cigarette burn and stains.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

ChristopherTM, Manager at Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point, responded to this review, June 13, 2012
Corie,

I recently received a copy of your review of the Extended Stay America Newport News - Oyster Point. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the bed in your suite. First, please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Specifically, standard operating policy is that linens are always replaced with fresh, clean new bedding before a guest checks in. In addition, all rooms are inspected prior to being made available to the public. That having been said, I recognize the issue you have brought to my attention and discussed it with hotel staff and management.

Been to Extended Stay America - Newport News - Oyster Point? Share your experiences!