“Good service, not the greatest room” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #16 of 37 hotels in Newport News
Germantown, Maryland, United States
“Good service, not the greatest room”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Well, I would have to say, you get what you pay for. Room was relatively clean. You can tell that it was an older property. It was quiet and I got a good night's sleep. The next time that I am in the area, however, I will probably choose a different property for lodging.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lyla I, Assistant General Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
On the behalf of the entire staff of Quality Inn - Newport News, thank you for choosing our Hotel and taking the time to write a review on your recent stay with us!

We take pride in striving to make each every guest's stay a pleasant one. Unfortunately, this was not the case during your stay, and therefore, I would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations. The property is an older building, however, we have made renovations since last summer and have been continuing to make changes to our Hotel since then. Your satisfaction is very important to us, and we will be using the feedback you provided in your review to continue to make improvements to ensure we offer an exceptional experience for our guests in the future.

If you will please contact me directly to include any and all issues with your stay, I would greatly appreciate it so that I may speak with the appropriate staff to fix them immediately.

I thank you again for staying at our Hotel, and I hope that we may be able to make the appropriate improvements in hopes that you may consider our hotel once again.

Kindest Regards,

Lyla Isaacson
Assistant General Manager
Quality Inn
945 J. Clyde Morris Blvd.
Newport News, VA 23601

30 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Shenandoah, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My only complaint about this hotel is no elevator...and that's only because I'm fat and my room was on the third floor. The room was clean. The staff could not have been better. It was a great stay. I will say the bacon in the breakfast area looked scary but was actually good. I will for sure stay here again!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Richmond, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

Overall I'd say this is a good choice for a quiet night.The lack of a fridge,microwave,widescreen and elevator make it a little less than ideal.If you are looking for breath taking views,this isn't the one(it's in Newport News!)Although the interstate is close by,I didn't hear it one time on the odd room side and had a quiet,very necessary rest.There are lots of places to eat in the area,mostly fast food,so don't stock up on groceries if you plan to stay here.The basin in the bathroom makes a great beer cooler,if you don't mind going downstairs to the ice machine a couple of times a night.

Room Tip: Odd side upstairs is away from the street and interstate.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
StephenBarger, General Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
On behalf of all the staff, I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us! I apologize for the minor inconveniences you had during your stay, but am glad you enjoyed your stay overall. To let you know, we do have a few microwave and refrigerators available, just ask the front desk when you check in next time. Also, we are planning on getting microwaves and refrigerators for all the rooms before June.

Thanks again for your response, and we look forward to seeing you again when you're back in the Hampton Roads Area!

Stephen Barger
Vice President of Operations
Jacksonville, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed in this hotel for its convenience to Yorktown and Jamestown. It was clean and and pretty quiet. The AC in our room made some rhythmic noise, but not enough to complain about. Our room was small, something made worse by the odd arrangement of the furniture (I suspect this was because of the location of the meager electrical outlets). We skipped breakfast, so no comment about that. The location felt safe and was convenient. This is a get what you pay for place. It's not fancy in any way, but it is a decent and comfortable place to stay the night.

Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
StephenBarger, Manager at Quality Inn Newport News, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
We appreciate your positive feedback of our hotel! We have done complete renovations of the property, and are adding more benefits by the day. We are now offering a hot breakfast, and are working to make this the most comfortable hotel in the Newport News/Hampton area at a reasonable price.

We appreciate your feedback, and hope you will come back and see all the improvements we have done!

Stephen Barger
Vice President of Operations
Altoona, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

I've stayed in this hotel several times now. It's always clean and the staff is extremely friendly. And you don't get that in every Super 8 in this area!

This year our group (4 people, in two rooms) got a very late start on our trip and didn't arrive until almost 5am. We asked if we could have a later check out and the person at the desk (who I believe was the owner) happily said no problem, and even gave us more time than we asked for.

Also, shortly after leaving (we were headed to Kitty Hawk for a week), I realized I forgot my watch. I called and talked to the owner again, and she sent someone to the room while I was on the phone to find my watch, told me she had it. I asked if she could keep it so that I could pick it up on the way home, and again, she very happily said no problem.

Also, the night staff on duty when we checked in were also extremely friendly and accomadating.

Room Tip: These people are great, and set a great example for Super 8's everywhere! I will stay here anyti...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2010

I enjoyed staying at the motel - convenient to Williamsburg, Yorktown and Jamestown.

Very clean and quiet rooms, nice breakfast and very helpful and friendly staff.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
Roanoke, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2010

Check in was easy, the attendant was very nice, gave me a lot of info about the breakfast bar.. I haven't ate the breakfast so I can't give an opinion on that. Upon getting to my room, the AC was on, so it was nice and cool. The shower was amazing. The hotel itself seems to need some work.. new furniture and bedding would've been nice. It's a busy hotel, but in a good location and a good price. The only complaint I really have is about half of the outlets in my room did not work.. Makes it hard to use a computer, charge my phone, and charge my camera battery at the same time..

• Stayed September 2010, traveled solo

Been to Quality Inn Newport News? Share your experiences!