“Cant wait” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave

You added Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave to your Saves list
Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6105 Jefferson Ave, I-64 Exit 263, Newport News, VA 23605   |
Ranked #14 of 39 Hotels in Newport News

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Marietta, Oklahoma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Not sure where everyone else stayed (I actually looked at the map to make sure it was the right motel I was reviewing). The room was clean and comfortable enough - for what we paid (<$50). Staff was friendly but there were stains on the carpet and the ice machine looked like it hadn't worked in a long time. Woke up before dawn from the noise outside so we got an early start in the morning... Seamed like a lot of the guests knew each other, as if they were staying there long term. If you are on a tight budget it might be a good deal, but we will spend a little more next time and stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms in the front have traffic noise. Rooms in the back have construction noise.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Al P, General Manager at Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave, responded to this review, November 1, 2012
Thanks for taking time to review and rate your recent stay with us. Comments such as yours continue to offer insight into ways that we can expand upon our successes while, at the same time, continuing to strive for improvement. Yes, we have Wal-Mart construction going on right behind the property which will complete by Dec 2012 and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience it may have caused. As far as the Ice Machine is concerned, we have taken care of it. Please consider us again in future and we will do our best to make your stay pleasant.
Charlottesville, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I needed to make a last-minute reservation for a night during labor day weekend, for when I was to pick-up my girlfriend from the airport on our way to the Outer Banks. We're on a limited budget, and at first I was going to get the cheapest room I could find. But then I started reading reviews of various accomodations in the area, and many reviews were less than flattering. For the price, the reviews for this Super-8 looked decent, and the manager seemed to even respond to the reviews. Well, I was not dissapointed. Yes, there is thick bullet proof glass upon check-in, and the hotel is beside a major roadway, and the bathroom was somewhat spartan. But there is clearly renovations taking place, and our non-smoking room was clean, quiet, and comfortable, and free of noxious odors. We were transporting our trip food, and were pleasantly surprised to find a fridge in our room. The WiFi up on the 3rd floor worked great and we were able to stream movies on our laptop during our stay. Everyone that worked there was extremely friendly and accomodating, and we left happy and well rested. Good Job Jefferson Ave Super-8!

Room Tip: Rooms facing the back lot are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Al P, General Manager at Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave, responded to this review, September 13, 2012
I'm glad that we were able to offer good customer service and better product for very economic price. Your positive feedback is going to motivate us to make this hotel even better and well organized. Thank you for your valuable feedback and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

Stayed here on two different occasions while in town and was pleased with the Service, Location, Breakfast and Room for the price we paid for. They are upgrading and renovating and staffs were nice and very friendly. The rooms were clean and fresh. we will return again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Al P, General Manager at Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave, responded to this review, August 21, 2012
Thank you for your valuable feedback. Yes, we are under going major renovation which includes Enhanced breakfast, New Innovate Style Head Boards and Bedding, New Paints in the Rooms, Refreshed Lobby Area and Improved Bathrooms. I hope that you will visit us soon and your stay will be even more pleasant. Look forward to seeing you soon and again Thank you for your positive feedback.
New Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I'm totally impressed how the staff eagerly responded to request and adjustments. This hotel is a very nice place to stay with the family considering the price we paid for the room. All the hotel workers are very friendly and helpful. They treat you like part of an extended family and not like they are going through the motions. Room was clean, Breakfast was good and any reasonable request was taken care of. I will definately stay here when visiting the area in future.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Al P, General Manager at Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for your positive review about the experience you had at our hotel. We appreciate yor feedback and look forward to serving you again in future.

Thank you !!
Camden, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. The staff was extremely professional, rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, breakfast was good, Internet was working pretty fast though we were on the third floor in the corner. Overall, this has always been a Pleasant and Comfortable Hotel Experience with the decent price and I look forward to returning in the near future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Al P, General Manager at Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for noticing and appreciating our efforts to improve the property so far and many more enhancements to come soon. We are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and wonderful. We look forward to seeing again soon.
Villas, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had a quickie overnight nap, I had to be in Williamsburg for an early morning media event at 5 AM. I had previously stayed in the Super 8 on J Clyde Morris up the road but it was full, so this was the next nearest. I didn't adequately research the location so I had to call for directions, and the manager got me from I-64 to the motel perfectly. First impression was a little scary with the thick glass and all, but I guess that's what they gotta do...so there she is, the same lady from the phone call. She was very helpful, hospitable, and gave me even more of a discount with my AAA card than the already dirt-cheap rate I got online. I wish I could remember her name, she is worth singling out for praise. The place is not perfect - the room had soft spots on the floor and a few stains here and there but it was as clean as could be (note the username), no smells, everything worked, and the water pressure was great. The WiFi was a little weak but I connected OK - I can imagine someone further down the hall would have problems with it, but I was right above the office. For the price, it was just fine.

Room Tip: If you need good WiFi, you probably need to be at the end nearest the office.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Al P, General Manager at Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful comments and I'm happy that we were able to serve you to the expectation and you enjoyed your stay here. Since we took over the business from the previous management company on May 1st, 2012, We have put lots of efforts within the first month to improve the property condition and offer the best customer service. Your positive comments are going to encourage all of us and work even harder to make this place better in futire. I look forward to seeing you here again and appreciate your feedback.

Thank you !!

Been to Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave? Share your experiences!