““Decent value, beyond my expectations”” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave

You added Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave to your Saves list
Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   6105 Jefferson Ave, I-64 Exit 263, Newport News, VA 23605   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan Ahead and Save 15%
Ranked #14 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Camden, New Jersey
““Decent value, beyond my expectations””
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

I stayed for 2 nights at this hotel. The staff was extremely professional, rooms were clean, bed was comfortable, breakfast was good, Internet was working pretty fast though we were on the third floor in the corner. Overall, this has always been a Pleasant and Comfortable Hotel Experience with the decent price and I look forward to returning in the near future. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Al P, General Manager at Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave, responded to this review, June 11, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for noticing and appreciating our efforts to improve the property so far and many more enhancements to come soon. We are glad that we were able to make your stay comfortable and wonderful. We look forward to seeing again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Villas, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2012

I had a quickie overnight nap, I had to be in Williamsburg for an early morning media event at 5 AM. I had previously stayed in the Super 8 on J Clyde Morris up the road but it was full, so this was the next nearest. I didn't adequately research the location so I had to call for directions, and the manager got me from I-64 to the motel perfectly. First impression was a little scary with the thick glass and all, but I guess that's what they gotta do...so there she is, the same lady from the phone call. She was very helpful, hospitable, and gave me even more of a discount with my AAA card than the already dirt-cheap rate I got online. I wish I could remember her name, she is worth singling out for praise. The place is not perfect - the room had soft spots on the floor and a few stains here and there but it was as clean as could be (note the username), no smells, everything worked, and the water pressure was great. The WiFi was a little weak but I connected OK - I can imagine someone further down the hall would have problems with it, but I was right above the office. For the price, it was just fine.

Room Tip: If you need good WiFi, you probably need to be at the end nearest the office.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Al P, General Manager at Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave, responded to this review, June 2, 2012
Hello,

Thank you for the wonderful comments and I'm happy that we were able to serve you to the expectation and you enjoyed your stay here. Since we took over the business from the previous management company on May 1st, 2012, We have put lots of efforts within the first month to improve the property condition and offer the best customer service. Your positive comments are going to encourage all of us and work even harder to make this place better in futire. I look forward to seeing you here again and appreciate your feedback.

Thank you !!

Been to Super 8 Newport News/Jefferson Ave? Share your experiences!