“Not a good value for your money...” 3 of 5 stars

Days Inn Oyster Point
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   11829 Fishing Point Drive, Newport News, VA 23606   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Newport News

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

Based on a stay a family member had there previously we reserved 8 rooms under our reunion name. When we got there,two of the rooms had not been reserved and we were all scattered over 3 floors. I had no complaint about my room itself (other than there was no exhaust fan in the bathroom). In fact I was happy about the fact that the 2 rooms I had booked were adjourning as my brother is handicapped and I was able to easily check in on him.
The trash on the outside entry way could have been emptied. Each morning of our 2 night stay as we sat outside waiting to gather, you couldn't help but notice the trash can overflowing(the same trash).Now other than having to go up and down the stairs/elevator for all the rooms I had a fairly nice stay(no key problems as the others had). BUT, when I got ready to leave my problem happened...my husband and I took our luggage to the car but left my purse and our food in the refrigerator (wasn't cold). We sat on the bench outside for a while and chatted with family and other guest.When I went back to my room to heat up some food to take my medicine I found the doors to both rooms open and the beds stripped. I was told they thought we had checked out because our things were gone and they thought we were part of the basketball group that was there. BUT MY PURSE WAS IN THERE AND I STILL HAD THE KEYS!!! I was told my purse was at the front desk. I didn't blame them as they were doing what they were told. The front desk had a well whatever attitude and asked if I wanted to check out then. Hello, evidently you already checked me out. Oh yeah and the safe did not work and I would have had to wait for the one person that knows how to fix them to come in at 8:30. You are charged for the luxury of looking at the safe. This I found out on the first morning. I do hope this helps someone in deciding to stay or not. The staff was extremely nice with the exception of the one who had my purse. She acted if she could less that they entered my room and I had not checked out yet.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Microtel Inn by Wyndham Newport News Airport
Point Plaza Suites and Conference Hotel
BEST WESTERN PLUS Newport News Inn & Suites
Hampton Inn Newport News-Yorktown

Been to Days Inn Oyster Point? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Days Inn Oyster Point

Address: 11829 Fishing Point Drive, Newport News, VA 23606
Location: United States > Virginia > Newport News
Ranked #20 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Hotel Class:2 star — Days Inn Oyster Point 2*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your Days Inn Oyster Point reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Days Inn Oyster Point Hotel Newport News
Newport News Days Inn
Days Inn Newport News

If you own or manage Days Inn Oyster Point, register now for free tools to enhance your listing, attract new reviews, and respond to reviewers.