“We love Hampton Inns” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

Save Saved
You added Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point) to your Saves list
Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   12251 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book now and save 15%
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels in Newport News
Lusby, Maryland
“We love Hampton Inns”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2014

We stayed in room 333 from Sat-Sun. The price was actually good considering location, it was last minute and a weekend. The room was decorated nicely. It had a charge station for electronics, refrigerator, coffee maker and microwave. It was quiet at that end of the hall by the way. The only thing we heard sometimes was doors closing from nearby rooms. We didn't hear people beside us or above us. Each floor has an ice and soda machine. They served warm cookies in the lobby at night which was a nice touch.

Check - in was a breeze. The staff are polite and very accommodating. When we arrived in our room it was clean and stocked with essentials. There was even a card with the person's name who cleaned the room. I was impressed by the name brand shampoo, conditioner, etc they provided. The bathroom is spacious and clean as well. The bed was so comfortable. I like a softer mattress. Pillows were not so great but I still slept like a rock.

Breakfast was perfect for us. We don't eat a big breakfast. We had waffles, yogurt, fresh fruit and muffins between the 3 of us. The coffee was good and the variety of juice was nice. They had eggs, sausage, cereal, and bagels as well. They probably had more stuff I didn't notice too. It can get crowded in the breakfast area. We went down around 8am and took the stuff up to our room.

The pool area was nice at this Hampton. It is in an awkward location but it's not a huge deal. Other Hamptons we stayed in, it was at the end of the building in its own wing. They only have an outdoor pool also. The only issue I had was the outlet in the bathroom was loose. My daughter had to hold the plug in so I could use my flat iron. Slightly annoying but I informed the lady at the front desk and she was informing maintanance right away. We will for sure continue to stay in Hamptons and in the future when in the Newport News area this hotel will be our place to stay. I highly recommend it.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ritzville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel dozens of times over the past 4 years, and it's the excellent customer service I receive that keeps me coming back. The staff are always friendly and helpful, and have often worked to accommodate me when booking a reservation on short notice. In addition to the top-notch service, this hotel has recently been remodeled and boasts comfortable, clean rooms and a well-laid out breakfast area. Basically, this is the only hotel I consider staying at when I'm in Newport News.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2014

We stayed at this hotel while we were down for my daughter's softball tournament. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful, and the hotel (including the bathroom in the room) was clean. There was a gas grill out by the pool, which we used to cookout for our 'team dinner' the last night we were there. The only downfall of this hotel is that the pool is the center of part of the hotel, and it's open until 10pm. So if you stay there in the summer and there are people in the pool, you can forget about getting to sleep before 10pm...it's too loud. And the breakfast was not great. They served the same thing all week, and it tasted like it'd been frozen. Thankfully, there is a Cracker Barrel you can walk to just down the street.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Randallstown, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

This is an excellent hotel to stay at The staff is great the pool is great and they have a grill on the pool deck Save yourself the expense of eating out We really like this hotel we will go back There is plenty to do its a short drive to the beach a mall across the street

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Nebo, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Over all a good experience. People and Staff were polite and helpful. Had my husbands shirt launder there, collar and cuffs came back clean but could still smell his deodorant on it,so that was not pleasing. Because I have my own cleaning business, I notice things that most people don't, so for my standards the room could of been cleaner but to most the room would of been very satisfactory. Bed was not that comfortable both my husband and i woke up soar,but once again that is just mine and my husbands preference to firmness not a bad thing for Hotel purposes. Breakfast was good , had plenty of choices for the health conscious and those that have a sweeter tooth both would be satisfied. Over all this was a good place to stay , the price though was not, even on a discounted rate through Expedia we paid too much. would stay again if rate was better. more economical.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Newport News, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Awesome experience. Room was excellent, pool was excellent, everything was on point. There's even a world class gym on site. I stayed at a Fairfield Inn Marriott the following day and it just could not compare. I highly recommend this hotel to future travelers.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Williamston, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

We absolutely loved our stay. The room/suite was beautiful, and the hotel is close to everything. Check in was quick and easy, and the hotel staff were very nice and helpful. Whenever we revisit the Newport News area, this will definitely be our first choice for a hotel stay.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)? Share your experiences!