“The only place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #4 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“The only place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

This is by far one of the best hotels in the area. The service is great, the front desk is wonderful, and the location is in a restful area. Don't let the name "airport" fool you. This is the best place to stay in Newport News, and the price is reasonable. I will stay here from now on!

Room Tip: Top floor on the end.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Elizabeth P, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Airport, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Chuck S,

As the new General Manager of the Courtyard by Marriott in Newport News, VA it is my responsibility to respond to each guest comment. Unfortunately, prior General Managers failed in this task to respond to you. Please accept our apologies for not responding to you in a timely manner.

But, I do wish to thank you for taking the time in writing a response about my hotel. From your comments, it seems as if you had a very enjoyable stay. That's important to me. I hope that if you find yourself back in the Newport News area, you will be our guest again.

Elizabeth Parker

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This Courtyard is at a great location, right off of Route 64 in Newport News, just 5 miles past Williamsburg. I stayed here because it was the Government per diem pick and we don't get a lot of choice. The staff is pretty nice but overall, I don't like the way the room is kept up. I've been here a couple of times, too. Sure wish I could get into the Embassy Suites in Hampton. They are stingy on the towels and I don't like the housekeeping because they always seem to forget something little like: forget to dump the ice bucket, throw away a soap I just opened, short-change a towel. However, the internet is good. And the little 'Starbucks' type of kiosk is okay, although a bit pricey. It is cheaper just to go to Starbucks which is right down the road. There is no view and the only exercise you can get is in their little gym, because there is nothing to walk around or view in the location.

Room Tip: King rooms only have showers
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Dear NeedsNEscape,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Nice little property. Smooth check-in, status recognition and platinum points awarded. No upgrade offered, but room was nice and spacious. Mini fridge and lodgenet (big bonuses for me)

Sundries shop was pretty empty. Lots of restaurants within a couple of minutes.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Hello Andrew C,

maschrack
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Wonderful hotel, staff and experience. Just what you expect from Marriott. Good location close to many eating, drinking and shopping establishments. I would certainly recommend to anyone. Quiet and peacful sleep no disturbances. Well appointed room.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Dear Maschrack,

Rocky Mount, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

This is standard for Courtyards. Good location near I-64 for business or shopping. Also has convenient restaurants nearby. Large shower was great, but it had leak under the door. Would have liked a microwave in the room. Reasonably quiet, although front rooms do get some traffic noise.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Dear Ajaj,

4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

I stay here whenever I have a business trip to the Hampton/Newport News area. The location is excellent: near the on/off ramp to I-64 and surrounded by a wide variety of restaurants and shopping areas. The staff is pleasant and helpful. The rooms are clean but, with my last visit, I was disappointed with the shower stall. It was clean but had some staining that could easily be removed with bleach. I'll be staying at this hotel again in several weeks and hope to not see the same type of stain again.

• Stayed November 2012
Chirelle_Moseley, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Airport, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Dear Margo G,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback from your recent visit to the Newport News Airport Courtyard. I am thrilled to hear that our staff was accomodating and that we were in a convenient location for you. However, I would like to sincerely apologize that your room was not up to our normal standards. I assure you that we are working diligently to correct this issue. Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to correct this problem and I look forward to yur return visit.

Best regards,
Green Valley, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

I recently spent three days in Newport News, VA and stayed at this hotel. I was very satisfied with this hotel; it is clean, the rooms are spacious, the cranberry apple oatmeal was delicious and the van drivers are the best. I had a 6:30 flight and when I mentioned this to the driver, Bobby, he said he would come in early to make sure I got to the airport at 6:00. Because Newport News airport is small, 30 minutes are enough for somebody like me, who already had boarding passes and was not checking a bag. Kristal, the afternoon driver, dropped me off at the mall and made sure my personal belongings were waiting for me at the front desk. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room that is not close to the elevator. Mine was, and I heard the bell everytime the e...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Dear Laura L,

Thank you for your recent feedback regarding your stay at the Newport News Airport Courtyard. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that Bobby and Crystal were very accommodating. I have shared this review with them and they were very thankful for your compliments. I am also glad to hear that you enjoyed our oatmeal; it is quite delicious and is very popular! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and I look forward to your return visit.

Best regards,

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Newport News Airport? Share your experiences!