“We had a wonderful time” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 40 Hotels in Newport News
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Southfield, Michigan
“We had a wonderful time”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Residence Inn Newport News (airport) was simply Home away from Home. We stayed ther from June 5 thru June 9. 2014. It was a oasis in Virginia. We specifally wanted the space and the comfort that comes with a Residence Inn. We did not cook however we had that option. We really enjoyed the location , which was central to all of our activities.

We also enjoyed the Breakfast that came with the start of each morning. Our suite was large and it was Clean and Well aminitied. Could have used some small drink glasses. Tere were a lot of Kids staying the weekend we were there and our unit was still Quiet,

I would definately stay here again, and would highly recommend this location to anyone.

Room Tip: rooms away from elevator are better
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
Thank you Gregorie!

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and your review really means a lot to everyone here at the Residence Inn. Please come back and see us if you are in the area again.

Thanks again,

Rebecca Jones

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

The Residence Inn Newport News was an overnight stop for us with an easy exit off I-64. The airport is a small one and not really noticable as far as noise is concerned. As mentioned by others, the location is close to many restaurants. The hotel does have an indoor pool which we didn't use and large breakfast area with included hot and cold choices. Food was replenished regularly and was very tasty. The waffle maker was in constent use by the young people staying for a sports tournament and it's obvious that those chairs need replacing. Tables could be cleaned more quickly.
Our one bedroom suite(room 320) was a large corner room which was spacious and away from the elevators, but near a stairway. It was quiet and comfortable although a stale odor was noticable which is why I didn't give the hotel a five star rating. It looked clean, but for some reason didn't feel clean to me. Maybe some refreshing of carpets and drapes would help boost its appeal along with adding a firmer mattress. A tubbed-shower worked well and vanity was a good size. A large wall-mounted TV centered the livingroom area.

Room Tip: Quiet end room overlooking a field area
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
Greetings!

Thank you for review and I have shared your comments with my staff and we really appreciate your feedback and the great news is that we will be going through a renovation soon so the breakfast tables and carpet will be changed put as we enter our sixth year. Hopefully if you travel to the area again the near future you can see the changes that we have done!

Rebecca J. Jones
San Dimas, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

I have stayed at the Residence Inn Newport News at least twice a year for the last five years. I walk in and they call me by my name even though I have not stayed there for the last six months. Everything is like new. The staff go beyond what is expected. Great breakfasts and manager specials during the work week. No room service but restaurants and shopping mall are within walking distance.

Room Tip: Book early as they fill up fast. Great jump off spot for the Outer Banks. Ask for the second or th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thank you Linn N!

Your comments really mean a lot to all of us here at the Residence Inn, and I'm so glad that you get to come back and visit us whenever you are in the area. Please keep coming back and we have a lot of great changes on the way to the hotel!

Rebecca J. Jones
Brandywine, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Hampton Inn & Suites Newport News (Oyster Point)

12251 Jefferson Ave, Newport News, VA 23602

Draft saved at 4:05 PM.

Your first-hand experiences really help other travelers. Thanks!

Your overall rating of this property
Your overall rating of this property Select one 1 2 3 4 5

Title of your review

Your review 2513 characters (200 minimum) As a frequent Guest of this particular hotel “Residence Inn, Newport News VA”, my family and I have stayed at this hotel many times. They provide a warm and personal welcome, when we walk through the door and recognize us as repeat customers. The staff is fantastic, and makes us feel like a member of their own family. I will give this Hotel Residence Inn (5 STARS), for Guest Services, Food, Cleanliness, Location, The grounds are well kept; the parking lot is great, well lit at night.
I cannot say enough about how welcome we feel when we stay here. I would like to extend a special Thank you to the Hotel Management Staff, Mrs. Rebecca (Becky) Jones, (Gen Manager) Ashley, Amanda, Chris, Ashley you are wonderful, Amanda a great help they went out of their way to make my stay as pleasant as possible, All of the staff went out of their way to make sure every need was taken care of.
All the staff expresses pleasant smiles and professionalism, Denise the best kitchen hostess, who prepare the most wonderful buffet breakfast to include, sausage, Home fries, (Red Potatoes) which I love eggs, fresh yogurt cups, orange Juice, coffee, fresh fruits breakfast preparer in the Peninsula area. Thanks, Denise and Elaine for her excellent service in preparing the Evening Social which included Tacos/,taco Salad, Cheesecake etc., wonderful social ,...
Both of these ladies deserve five stars for customer service, pleasant attitudes, hard work... Let's talk about the Hotel suites, everything was cleaned comfortable... I would also like to Thank Yasmeen who was the Housekeeper, always with a smile, the suite was very clean with a fresh smell, and the Shower was awesome. Also would like to Thank Mr. Will for taking care of my routine AC Maintenance, I would also like to thank William for helping me with my luggage... Thank you All for making my family feel special. The company was great, and the experience was great as always enjoyed the quiet home like atmosphere.
The hotel is located in a sort of secluded area. Situated away from the highway. In all we had a wonderful experience, a very nice comfortable place to stay., The hotel offers quick access to absolutely any place you need to go in the area, including I-64, Dept. stores, Dillard’s, Ross etc. This is the absolute Best hotel. I consider this property my top choice. I heartily recommend the Residence Inn Newport News. I am loyal to Marriott, I will be returning to this property in late June, 2014. Excellent, Excellent Excellent.
Aspen1424 Draft saved at 4:05 PM.

What sort of trip was this?
What sort of trip was this? Select one Business Couples Family Friends Solo

Business

Couples

Family

Friends

Solo

When did you travel? Select one June 2014 May 2014 April 2014 March 2014 February 2014 January 2014 December 2013 November 2013 October 2013 September 2013 August 2013 July 2013

Could you say a little more about it?
(optional)

Click to select a rating

Service Select one 1 2 3 4 5

Kids activities

Kids activities Select one 1 2 3 4 5

Restaurant

Restaurant Select one 1 2 3 4 5

Add a tip to help travelers choose a good room Suites Are large and comfortable, almost like a small apartment, Showers are great, Hotel Clean,Cmofortable, Excellent choice of Buffet Breakfast Foods, Great Staff.

Examples of helpful room tips
•"Rooms on the south side are quieter"
•"Corner suites are large and sunny"
•"Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"

Do you have photos to share?
(optional)

Add a photo

Sharing with friends

Show your real name and photo to Facebook friends who view your reviews on TripAdvisor.

Submit your review

I certify that this review is based on my own experience and is my genuine opinion of this hotel, and that I have no personal or business relationship with this establishment, and have not been offered any incentive or payment originating from the establishment to write this review. I understand that TripAdvisor has a zero-tolerance policy on fake reviews. Learn more

Submit your review
Preview your review

Welcome back, Octavia A
You're just 3 reviews away from your 1st reviewer badge.
Recent reviews of this property

Gerard D

“Unexpected Pleasure”

We went to the hotel for a wedding. Wedding party made the reservations. What a surprise. We got there 2 days early to go to Busch Gardens. When we arrived we got checked right in and the room was fantastic. I couldn't believe how nice it was for the money I paid. We got the suite and it was very nice. Only 2 minor things...

Nichelle1 T

Aspen1424

Room Tip: Suites are the best, almost like an apartment, roomy, comfortable, showers are great, hotel clean c...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
Wow! Thank you so much for those kinds words regarding your recent stay with us! I have shared them with all of my staff members and you made their day! We love it when we hear great feedback like yours and we are so glad that we met your expectations! Please come back and see us and again thank you so much!!!!

Brandywine, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

Aspen1424

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
Thank you so much for your kind review it really means a lot to all of us here! I have a great team here and with positive feedback like yours it really makes their day! We want everyone to feel like this is their "Home Away From Home"
Chesterfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a baseball tourney. Great facility. Pool and basketball courts for the kids...walking distance from Carrabba's. Suites are spacious. I am a Marriott loyalist and this is one of the best properties of it's kind.

Stayed May 2014
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Thank you Irg37 for you review as it means a lot us! We are delighted that you are your family enjoyed the hotel and the area during your recent visit with us. I hope you did well at your sports event and we hope that you visit us again soon.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

Another WONDERFUL STAY! I've had such GREAT EXPERIENCES, I don't even think of staying anywhere else!!!
Clean rooms, good food, OUTSTANDING customer service & A SUPERBLY ran facility....... ;-)
Mike L.

Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 4, 2014
Hello!! Thank you so much for your kind review and as always we look forward to seeing you and your family.

Danacey Harvey

Been to Residence Inn Newport News Airport? Share your experiences!