“Best hotel in newportnews” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
Richmond, Virginia
“Best hotel in newportnews”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2014

Stayed at this hotel over the weekend and we had a very good time. Staff was wonderful, clean rooms with kitchens , great breakfast and big lobby area. We come to the area a lot because my daughter attends college in the area and by far this is the best hotel.

Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, January 24, 2014
Hello Gingerpi!

We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you so much for your wonderful review it really means a lot to our staff. We hope if you are in the area gain which Im sure you will be with your daughter in college in the area that you make your next reservation with us. We would love to be your home away from home on your next visit. See you soon!

Danacey Harvey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
O'Fallon, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

Residence Inns are my favorite hotels and this was my first stay at this one. It is a very short drive from the Newport News airport, interstate, stores and restaurants. There is ample parking. This is an upscale Residence Inn with a very large lounge area. Checking in was very professional and seamless - no issues there whatsoever. My room was furnished with very upscale and professional furniture. The downers were the office chair was clearly in need of replacement - it was worn on the seat such that a large portion of the seat was white (chair upholstery was otherwise black). Then I found out the disposal wasn't working - unfortunately, you typically don't learn this until you are trying to use and then it is too late to do anything about it. I tried the Manager's social one evening when they were serving pepper steak. It looked great and I was the only one there - turns out, everyone else must have known something. The food was not good - the meat was fatty and had a metallic taste, the peppers were overcooked to the point of being nearly mush. They did serve Dr Pepper on tap, which was great - haven't seen that before at Residence Inn. The hotel was always immaculate and the employees were generally friendly. The view I had from window was of a trailer park. Not a bad hotel at all - but didn't quite live up to the high standards I've come to expect from Residence Inn. I hope to get another chance to stay there to see if my few downers were an aberration or a trend.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
phfnn, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, January 17, 2014
Hello Patrick H,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. Feedback from our loyal guest really means a lot to us. I have shared your comments with Department Leaders and staff. We are pleased to know that overall you had an enjoyable stay. We are making it a priority to address your "few downers" to ensure in the future these issues don't become a trend. Here at the Residence Inn we strive for excellence and we hope that when you are in town again you give us another chance to exceed you expectations.
Thanks,
Danacey Harvey
Huntingtown, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014

I have never stayed at any Marriott property where it was not immaculate, comfortable and you could rest assured that things were clean. This property did not live up to my ideals for Marriott. Tub drains, sink drains were so slow you could grow a beard waiting for the water to recede. There was hair evident in the shower. The coup de grace were the filthy sheets with hair everywhere at 12:15 AM as we had hoped to crawl into bed. That toasted it and we called the desk for fresh sheets and informed them we would be checking out in the morning cutting short a two night stay.

In the interest of brevity I can only say this property needs help in housekeeping. If Mr. Marriott had stayed here this night, it would have lost that name immediately.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Hello William I,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us and I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectations during you stay and also that you had to leave us due to this issue. Again I know we have been speaking through customer care with Diane and Im glad that we could get this resloved for you and again I am very sorry and we can assure you that we are doing everything to improve and to make sure that this does not happen to another guest. We have a great hotel, great staff so there was no reason for this to happen at all during your stay. I hope if you are in the area again you will call me so that you can give us another chance.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed at this hotel over the holidays and had amazing time. Breakfast was above and beyond, rooms were so spacious I was pleasantly surprised to have a full kitchen and fireplace. Staff was friendly, easy check in, housekeeping was on point. I will for sure visit this hotel again!!

• Stayed December 2013
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, January 6, 2014

We appreciate your comments in regards to your recent visit during the Holidays and glad that your expectations were met. I too love the Fireplace rooms, it just gives that added touch of being at home especially this time of year. We look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Rebecca Jones
Baltimore, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

I recently stayed here during the Christmas Holiday and I can say it was the best hotel we have ever stayed at. Lobby was festive and all the staff was very friendly and always making sure we had everything we needed. Room was very clean and the housekeeper who cleaned are room always left extra ammenities and she always had a smile on her face. I cant wait to come back to this hotel soon.

Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Hello Eagles 67,

We really do appreciate your comments! They really mean a lot to our staff, and we are so glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We love to hear feed back from our guest so we can always provide the exceptional service! Thank you
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stay at Residence Inns all the time - but this particular property had numerous deficiencies, as follows:
- room was not clean
- sheets were stained
- floor had stains
- coffee mugs were dirty in the cabinet
- cross-contamination with housekeeping. I asked the housekeeping lady for additional towels. She pulled several dirty sheets off the top of her cart where she had the clean towels under.
- they were out of most breakfast items

I've added photos of the cleaning issues with our room to this review.

Room Tip: Bring your antibacterial wipes for this place.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, January 1, 2014
Hello bryan5150,

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that this happened during your stay with us. I would like for you to contact me regarding all the items you have mentioned as I was not aware so we could discuss further. We take customer satisfaction very serious and we strive very hard to make sure that the Residence Inn is every guest home away from home while they are here. I have also shared your comments with my housekeeping staff. My information is below so that you can contact me.

Rebecca Jones
757-842-6214
rebecca.jones@shaminhotels.com
Pocono'Mtn, Pa.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

My wife and I had a 2 days stay at this property recently and have nothing but praise . Front desk staff really made us feel welcome upon arrival and even though we arrived at hotel very early our room was ready for us. The suites are all spacious, clean and have all the amenities you would want. The complimentary hot breakfast buffet was more than adequate and the guest computor was a nice plus, since I had left my laptop at home. I would not hesitate to recommend the Residence Inn to anybody,especially families.

Room Tip: they are all great
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, November 14, 2013
Hello Countryy,

Thank you so much for your wonderful feedback it really means a lot to the entire team! We want to make sure that every guest feels welcome and to also feel that this is thier home away from home. We hope to see you again in the near future! Thank you

Been to Residence Inn Newport News Airport? Share your experiences!