“house keeping very bad room is very dustey” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 39 Hotels in Newport News
newsport news
“house keeping very bad room is very dustey”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2011

the house keeping is very bad the room are very dustey have a hard time to get towel for you room. the only good thing is the front dest is out standing.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, September 1, 2011
Thank you so much for your feedback regarding your stay with us. I have shared your comments with my staff so that we can provide you with better service during your stay. Im so glad the service at the desk meets your expectations, that means a lot to them. Thank you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2011

I booked this hotel for myself and two other co-workers. When we arrived the lady at the front desk said "i have been trying to call you all day, we don't have any rooms for you, but we have put you up at the Spring Hills Suites". I was out of town on business. I checked my home phone messages after speaking with the front desk. There was only 1 message which said to please call the hotel. I asked the lady at the desk if she knew anything about this hotel and she said, she did not know anything about the property. We were given directions and a letter. The hotel would pay for our stay at this hotel. Hungry and tired from a days work (up since 5AM), myself and 2 other co-works (put our 2 suitcases and 2 suitcases of equipment each) back into our vehicle and headed to the Spring Hill Suites. During the ride I remembered staying at this hotel when is was brand new, and remembered the poor housekeeping at this hotel. We decided to go to the Omni instead, which luckily had 3 rooms available. On the next day I called the hotel to make sure we had rooms for the next two nights and was told we did. I spoke to the manager and informed her of all we had gone through because our original reservation was changed and we were not aware until we showed up to check-in. I also told her we did not staty at the hotel they had arranaged for us to stay because of the poor housekeeping history. I was informed that since we did not informed them (Residence Inn) that we were going to another hotel they had done all they could do, even stated that they had already paid for our stay at the Spring Hill Suites. I was also told that the reason we did not have a room was because sometimes guest stay they are going to check-out and they don't. I found this to be unexceptable. I am a rewards member, this hotel has my e-mail, and cell #. Why would you call someone at home when they are out of town?
The good news is that once we got settled into our rooms the rooms were great, and breakfast was great. Although i don't feel i should have to I will be calling this hotel prior to arrival to make sure i have a room:(

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Chesterfield, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

Nice hotel..but not really convenient to anything. We prefer a place that you can walk to dinner or shopping - this hotel is new, and there is nothing nearby - you must drive to everything. Rooms are nice, clean, well appointed. Free breakfast in the morning....well, you get what you pay for. Not impressive....but free. Also, inadequate space for breakfast guests - needs to be more seating.

Overall, a nice place

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
Lawrenceville, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2011

Overall the hotel stay was just ok. The hotel staff was very friendly and as responsive as they could be considering. The problem was that there was never enough towels available. Housekeeping would clean your room (which was not well done), but leave one towel for a room of four. When you would call, the wait would be two hours or longer. On the last day of my stay, to avoid the hassle, I washed the hotels towels on my own so that we would have something to shower with. This went on the entire stay which was 4 days. Sheets were not changed daily and had stains on them. Floor in bathroom was not swept. Bed very uncomfortable.
Pool was extremely cold for kids and water murky. Simple things Residence Inn as I had seen this same complaint before.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2011

This was my second stay at this hotel. Great location near the mall and other shopping centers. The rooms are very comfortable and clean. It is very quiet and modern. The staff is extremely helpful and friendly. Great free breakfast. Would definitely recommend and will be back!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, June 28, 2011
Thanking you for coming back and staying with us again! We are so glad you enjoyed everything while you were visiting in Newport News, VA. Thank you!!!!
Cincinnati, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2011

I travel a lot but this hotel really missed the mark:
- Check in: Reserved 2 BR. April told me not available. She offered 2 rooms across the hall. Not practical to split up wife, 10 yr old, & 6 yr old on family vacation. Then she offered a 1 BR. No because I was paying for a 2 BR. Suddenly a 2 BR became available. Apparently, it just finished being cleaned. April should have said they needed 15 minutes to finish cleaning instead of trying to cram us into a different room. I'm Gold with Marriott & this is one of the most botched check in's this year.
- Room: Dirty. In different drawers, I found a past guest's toe nail clippers, tissues, & shopping receipts.
- Pool: Dirty. The same used tissue was on a table for 3 days. Tables had food stuck to them. Floors had dirty shoe spots.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for providing your feedback about your recent stay with us. I have also shared them with my staff so we can make sure that this does not happen to another guest. We apologize that this happened during your stay and is certainly not how we operate our hotel. I hope if you are ever in the area you will consider staying with us again. Once again Im very sorry If you have any further questions please contact me directly at the hotel. Thank you.
New Bern, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

This hotel was very nice, very clean, and operated by polite and accommodating staff. The room I reserved was not available but they more than made up for it with new arrangements at a discounted price. The breakfast buffet was delicious and offered lots of choices. My one and only complaint was the lack of a hot tub, which I always look forward to on trips, BUT overall it was great. Will definitely stay here when in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
phfnn, General Manager at Residence Inn Newport News Airport, responded to this review, July 6, 2011
Thank you so much for your wonderful comments about your recent stay with us! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope you tell everyone about us! My staff thanks you so much for your post it realy means a lot to them. Thank You

Been to Residence Inn Newport News Airport? Share your experiences!