This is a great place for a high end off the beaten path vacation. The view down to the town is spectacular particularly at sunset. We stayed in a lovely room with a loft and kitchenette and private terrace. Breakfast pastries were brought to our room every morning and we could eat inside or out. There is an option for breakfast down at the hotel as well. There is a large lap pool which we did not use because it was too cold but which would be wonderful in the summer. We had two dinners in the gourmet restaurant and thoroughly enjoyed both. The restaurant manager was a woman named Daulphine(not sure on the spelling) who was very attentive and gave us a lovely table.There were lots of little tasty treats thrown in between courses. Dinner was quite expensive so be prepared. The highlight of our stay was a full day cooking class with Cyril, the chef in charge of daily preparations.We picked herbs from the hotel gardens and then set about making many of the dishes we had eaten in the restaurant earlier in the week. That night we ate what we had prepared.
If you have a rental car(strongly suggested) it is an easy drive to many small towns in the Provence area. I also liked walking most afternoons to Bonnieux which had an eclectic mix of stores and where some knowledge of French would be helpful (I liked that the town seemed more authentic than touristy).
There were a few challenges, for example the bathtub leaked and it never got fixed during our stay. Also, we were told the cooking classes had been cancelled as we checked in but ultimately we were able to arrange for the full day lesson.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Renovated stone farm in beautiful Provence. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity and Odigeo so you can book your Domaine de Capelongue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Domaine De Capelongue Hotel Bonnieux
- Bastide De Capelongue Bonnieux
- Bastide De Capelongue Hotel Bonnieux
- Domaine De Capelongue Bonnieux, France - Luberon