We would not go to this hotel again. It did not meet any of our expectations. We looked forward to a restful stay at Thalacap Ile de Re. It was a disappointment. We arrived by taxi from St Martin (€30) at 17.00hrs on the 17th September 2009. On check in when we sought to reserve for dinner we were told the restaurant was booked out for the night. We were happy to have anything to eat - even a sandwich or to have room service. We were told NO there would be NO food available for us. This hotel is 30 minutes walk from the nearest cafe / restaurant ! We could hire a bicycle if we wanted ! We did not want to go out or hire any bicycle - we just wanted to stay in our hotel and have something (anything) to eat and to enjoy the evening at home. The receptionist was friendly and seemed embarrassed and frustrated but food was non-negotiable. When we tried to complain this morning we were told the manager would be out in a minute. We waited and waited - he would be out in a minute - he took considerable time to come out to talk to us and only after several repeat requests. The manager was somewhat indifferent to how unacceptable it was to have a supposed 3* hotel so far from any other source of food and not able to provide any food for guests willing to eat at any time during the evening!! The pool is small - very small. Other guests were friendly in the intimate pool - it was necessary as we met each other every couple of seconds. There was an almost sense of conspirator friendliness amongst the swimmers to counteract the stern stiff approach of the staff. The Jacuzzi is small - be prepared to bump knees if four persons are in it. The instructor giving the aqua gym class was good. Incredibly the pool CLOSED at 18.15hrs for the aqua gym class and once that was over the pool closed altogether for the evening. Closing a hotel pool at 18.15hrs would be incredible in any hotel but was even more so as the specific attraction feature of this hotel was the therapy pool - it was why we travelled to stay in that hotel. The night porter was friendly and got us an extra couple of tiny pillows to supplement the single small pillow per person provided in the room. Internet €4.50 per hour! Yes there is a restaurant but not for us even though we arrived 17.00 and happy to eat at any hour! Yes to internet but at ridiculous cost! Yes to "swimming pool" but small and not possible to "swim" and closed at 18.15hrs!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The hotel *** Thalacap Ile de Re is directly connected to the thalassotherapy institute. It is located 150 meters from the beach and 800 meters from a beautiful village: Ars en Ré. Comfortable room, pool or garden view, with bathroom, hair dryer, television, telephone, safe, wifi free access.The best of this hotel: unlimited access to the Fitness Marin (Sauna, Hammam, swimming pool with heated sea water, relaxation room, aquagym ...). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline and Hotels.com so you can book your Thalacap Ile de Re reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thalacap Ile De Re Hotel Ars-En-Re
- Thalacap Ile De Re Ars-En-Re, France