“Quaint, clean & simple. No frills - but we never stay anywhere else!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Blue Ridge Inn

Blue Ridge Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in New Market
Blue Ridge Inn
You added Blue Ridge Inn to your Saves list
2251 Old Valley Pike, New Market, VA 22844   |
Ranked #4 of 5 New Market B&B and Inns
“Quaint, clean & simple. No frills - but we never stay anywhere else!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

It's the simplicity I love! No frills. Clean room, safe area. Host is wonderful, always cordial and friendly. Yes, there are cats around the property as others have mentioned. So .... They are friendly and they haven't stolen anything that I've noticed, so not a big deal! I enjoy their company while sitting outside listening to the crickets. CLEAN ROOM. FAIR PRICE. FRIENDLY HOST. If we wanted 5-star and to be pampered, I'd have to add a lot more #s to my check. LOVE this place and never fail to stay when we visit the area.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Chesapeake, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

My husband and I; along with another couple took a trip to the Blue Ridge Mountains in October. While there we stayed in New Market, VA at the Blue Ridge Inn. Definitely not your 4 star rating motel but very clean, quaint and very affordable. Family owned and operated. Friendly and accommodating. Would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Baltimore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2013

Stayed 1 night at Blue Ridge Inn while playing Bryce Golf Resort. Very pleasantly surprised at low rate, spacious and comfy room and warm, friendly manager who recommended several local restaurants and was very helpful. Oh, did I mention a great location about a mile from Rt. 81 exit.
If you like local flavor & hospitality over big chain hotels & you travel on a budget, this is your place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dalton Ma
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

First, listed under bed and breakfast..it's NOT a B&B or Inn...It's a verrrry old Motel.

Really it's all been said before. This place is beat..if you want to call that quirky, that's aok with me. Cat visited me in my room..cool with me, not so cool with my wife. Office smells. room doesn't...

Clean from normal use but chairs and carpet soiled from what looks like 1000 years of use. Firm bed was good for me, not so good for wife. Great smelling towels, good smelling room. Clean bed. Carpet bad enough you don't want to walk on it with bare feet, kitchen chairs at the table were INCREDIBLY soiled...

If you really want to save $$ [$50 total] Really good place..If you can't deal with the weirdness [and cats]...look further.

I'd stay here again..but my wife wouldn't

Happy wife, happy life.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My first impression of the motel wasn't that good: the lady at the front desk refused to show me the room. I asked her to leave me the key so I could check it on my own and she refused saying I could vandalize the room or steal stuff (!). I was so tired, I accepted to stay even though I hadn't seen the room. It was a great surprise: the room was clean and quirky, a tad bit on the kitschy side. There was only one other guest that night, it was very quiet. I sat outside for a while, looking at the moon over the Blue Ridge and listening to the crickets. It was amazing. There are several friendly cats hanging around the property. There wasn't any telephone in the room, so I went back to the reception, quite reluctantly and the lady let me call from her phone. She wasn't very talkative or smiling, but she was ok after all. Would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Springfield, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

We have stayed in some of the best hotels in the World, usually extremely expensive, and we like the ones where we feel that we are treated well and provide us a good value. This hotel is a good, no great, value for the cost. The Blue Ridge Inn is extremely clean. You can tell they do an excellent job cleaning the rooms. They are spotless and comfortable. The hotel is about a mile from Interstate 81 on Route 11, just on the northern edge of the town of New Market. It is located along the Civil War heritage trail. If you jog, there is a neighborhood close by with sidewalks and historic markers. The rooms have a refrigerator, microwave and cable TV; and the staff is friendly.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Wendy was an amazing host. This quaint, quiet little inn made our whole vacation. I would definitely recommend it, and it was a great price. Beautiful view, and much better accommodations than those offered in Luray.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Blue Ridge Inn? Share your experiences!