“Fantastic place to eat.” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Stafford, Virginia
“Fantastic place to eat.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

Great place to eat. Have eaten there four times now. Service has always been excellent and food has always been exceptional. 2nd best prime rib I have ever had.

• Visited August 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

South Farmingdale, New York, United States
“Best fried Chicken”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

We ate here on our way back from Tennessee. The fried chicken was the best I ever had. We saw some of the other dishes coming out of the kitchen and now can't wait to go back next year. The hot open roast beef with French fries and gravy looked amazing.

Visited August 2014
Greenwich, Connecticut
“Will Try Again”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

In our first phase of moving to Georgia, we stopped at Southern Kitchen for dinner. Overall, our experience was nice. We were tended to right away and the waitress was rather nice. The food was adequate. I ordered a liver plate which consisted of corn and mashed potatoes. I believe my mate had a fish dish. The entire meal was $42.74 including tip.

Additional Information:
The location seems to be popular for the locals
Ample parking is available
Jukeboxes are playable, it seems

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Bowmanville, Canada
“Fried chicken as it should taste!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

We stopped in for lunch and were determined to try 'real' Southern fried chicken. We were not disappointed. Three delectably coated and fried pieces and two vegetables cost less than $12.00. We enjoyed the coleslaw and home fires. Both were very good. The homemade coleslaw tasted very fresh. It was not soggy. The home fries were also hand cut.

Excellent service rounds off the meal, as well as a pice of excellent cocoanut cream pie. We were very pleased.

An excellent choice, right on the main drag of New Market, VA.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Best fried chicken!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I've eaten at Southern Kitchen off and on since I was a very young child on visits to grandparents who lived in the Shenandoah Valley. The last time I was previously at Southern Kitchen was in 2005, and mostly I've had breakfast there. This time, however, we stopped for lunch on our way to a family gathering. I ordered the fried chicken, and it was amazing!! It was crispy on the outside, tender on the inside, and full of flavor. I honestly haven't had fried chicken that good anywhere -- and I live in New Orleans, where there is some pretty good food.

Next time you are in New Market, VA, treat yourself to Southern Kitchen. You will not be sorry.

• Visited July 2014