“Daggone good fried chicken” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: American, Coffee Shop, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Dessert
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Daggone good fried chicken”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

My wife and I had lunch here today. We both had the fried chicken and mashed potatoes. You have to go a long ways to find any better chicken, not just the taste, but cooked just right. Wish I'd saved room for dessert. Service was attentive an excellent.

Amherst, NY
“Got violently ill”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

I was hoping for ribs and got them. I shared one with my son and his girlfriend. They enjoyed the flavor but felt ill that night. My husband didn't have any taste and was fine. I consumed the major portion of them of was ill a number of times that night, including vomiting.

Visited August 2013
Wappingers Falls, New York
“Home cooking with 1955 recipes”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Great home cooking that was recommended by locals who said the kitchen is so immaculate you could eat off the floor!

Doddridge, Arkansas, United States
“Wonderful breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

I know, what could be wonderful about breakfast. Well, to me when they get your bacon and eggs just the way you like them. Then it is a big deal.. You would be surprised how many cooks can't do it the first time. They DID..I should have tipped the cook, you know if I go back to New Market, VA. I will....Also it was a neat place with old jukebox(big one) and the smaller ones above the booths. Brought back a lot of memories of when we traveled as a kid.

• Visited July 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Good Southern Food, Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

On our way back to Jersey from Tennessee and found this gem of a restaurant on Tripadvisor. We were not steered wrong by the reviews. Had the fried chicken, chicken fried steak and western ham for the 4 yr old. Loved it all. Got a piece of homemade meringue pie to go...yummy!

Service was awesome and atmosphere was like stepping back in time. Mostly locals eating there and I can see why, it's good southern cooking! Hoping to stop by on next trip for breakfast.