“The Golfers Gem in Ne Market, VA” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Shenvalee Golf Resort

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in New Market
The Shenvalee Golf Resort
You added The Shenvalee Golf Resort to your Saves list
9660 Fairway Drive, P.O. Box 930, New Market, VA 22844   |
Special Rate
$53 Single Room
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in New Market
Pasadena, Maryland
“The Golfers Gem in Ne Market, VA”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2013

This is the 5th straight year I have went with my Golf Club, The Jester Pleasure Club to this gem of a resort, are the 3 nine hole golf course the best we have ever played? or the rooms the best I have ever slept in? The answer to both is no, no, no. What they do have is 3 nine hole well kept fun golf course that will put up a good struggle to the average golfer with small crowned greens and well placed bunker, water and other little surprises that will make you pay for a less then perfect shot. The staff at Shenvalee could not be nicer from the desk clerk, to the ladies who work the breakfast buffet, to the ladies who have to clean up the rooms of a bunch of messy golfers. If you and a couple of buddies or a golf club are looking for a place to play some good golf and be allowed to have a good time then this is the place to go. Almost forgot check out the sports lounge you will not be disappointed, great drinks and great food, the prices are more then fair and the quality of food is fare better then average, like the course it is not the best of the best but will more then fill your needs. If you are looking for a full dinner check out the daily special, if a burger or sandwich is to your like they have great choices, the onion rigs are great also.

Room Tip: We liked the room around the pool since we all set out in front of our rooms in the evening, if you...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013 via mobile

I need to give this place zero because I never got to go despite SIX attempts to contact their reservations. Once I was directed to call back the next day. Twice my calls were forwarded and no one picked up. I left voice mail that was never returned. I filled out their online reservation request form two times only to receive an error message regarding their security code. So I spent my golfing weekend and my money elsewhere.

Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GayleVStultz
Camp Hill, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013 via mobile

We just completed our 24th annual weekend golf outing at the Shenvallee And we will be returning next year for 25th golf outing. It was a typical weekend.
This facility is a very good place for a group of golfers to go for a weekend and enjoy themselves without a lot of hassles. The golf course is in pretty good shape but it's not Country club caliber.
Some of the hotel rooms are receiving minor makeovers, which is overdue.
The greatest advantages to stay here are the convenience, the friendly staff, and a great atmosphere to have fun. It is not a romantic getaway, especially on the weekends.
The food in their sports bar was good. The wait staff is very accommodating, but can be pushed when a lot of golf groups come in at the same time.
There are two small negatives that I have to say about this resort. One the Wi-Fi is almost nonexistent, I couldn't get a cell phone signal in my room, And I couldn't get Wi-Fi in my room or outside my room.
The second concern is, you should ask the price of liquor in the bar before you order. You might be surprised if you don't, some of their drinks are priced like a Hiltons But are bottom shelf quality.
Visit this resort and have a good time, but don't set your expectation levels too high. It's a good fun place. And I'll go back.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Albemarle, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

We recently stayed here as we were visiting family in the area. Be aware that when your reservation says includes breakfast, it does NOT. Only included in golf packages although your confirmation will say package on it. We were not informed that breakfast was not included until we had finished eating it!! Then the waitress shouted across the dining room asking our room number etc. Definitely not cool. The breakfast was cold and not worth the $8.95 they charge you. Also all the golfers were partying outside our room and smoking so if you are not a golfer in a group consider this. Other than that the room was good although it lacked a table. Bed comfy. The town had a couple of homestyle restaurants that were good. Value for $85.00 good, when you tack on breakfast not so good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Fishkill, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

While driving from NY to GA, we decided New Market would be a good stayover place but was surprised that they did not have many hotels to pick from. The golf resort offered an affordable alternative to the usual roadside hotel. The stay cost $82 after taxes. Recommend staying at poolside rather than on the golf course. Excellent restaurant and sports bar on grounds.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Baltimore, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you're looking for a nice place to stay near Luray Caverns, stay at Shenvalee! Once you pull in, you have access to a restaurant with delicious food, a full service bar, 3 golf courses, an outdoor pool, and your room without using your car again. Not to mention, you're less than a 15 minute drive away from the incredible Luray Caverns. I am a hotel snob (always stay at Marriotts and Hiltons) and was hesitant to stay in a motel on our trip. I called to inquire about a room and could hear the hospitality through the phone. Everyone we encountered at Shenvalee was exceptional. Our room was very clean with a flat screen tv, nice hot shower, and we slept really well in the cozy bed. Shenvalee is a quaint place perfect for couples, a family, or a golf trip.

We will definitely be back.

-Jenny and Josh

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jenny B
Alexandria, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

My husband and I spent a weekend here to see a new course and get away from the city. Courses (three nine-hole courses) are in wonderful shape with true, consistent greens. Staff is very friendly. The only reason I did not give five stars is lodging. The rooms are simple, clean and comfortable but definitely no frills. This place provides a relaxing time with views of the mountains. My favorite part (aside from the great golf!) was walking out the sliding glass door from our room to enjoy a drink - chilled beer and wine from our room's refrigerator - under the stars.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Comfort Inn
#2 of 4 in Woodstock
4.5 of 5 stars 195 reviews
Holiday Inn Express Woodstock / Shenandoah Valley

Been to The Shenvalee Golf Resort? Share your experiences!