“Good Location” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in New Market
Easton, Maryland
“Good Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

We recently stayed at the Quality Inn New Market, Va. We found it to be a good location for the caverns, Skyline Drive Blue Ridge Parkway and the New Market Battlefield. We also discovered that the Route 11 Potato Chip Factory was in a nearby town of Mt Jackson. It was clean and very adequate for our needs. Johnny Appleseed Restaurant is attached to the hotel. The staff at the hotel and restaurant was very friendly. We will be back.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
qinm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley, responded to this review, August 19, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Bristol, Connecticut, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2014

We stayed here last week for one night. The rooms were older but clean although they are definitely in need of a major upgrading. The staff was pleasant to us. However my daughters had a horrible experience as their air conditioner failed during the night and it was unseasonably hot. Their room was uncomfortable most of the night and they received no satisfaction from the night clerk. After he arrived in the morning, the maintenance man did come to their room. He looked at it and said it needed replacing and that he couldn't do anything with it. At check out an adjustment was made and the day manager apologized for our inconvenience. My room was satisfactory.
Most motels today have a breakfast provided. This inn gives a 20% discount in their restaurant. I prefer to stay where breakfast is included as most inns today have improved the quality of their free breakfasts greatly.]
I frequently stay at a Quality Inn when I travel but I believe I wouldn't stay here again unless I notice that it has been renovated and upgraded.

Room Tip: If you book there during warm weather check the room first to be certain that the A/C is in working...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Candace Jenkins
Front Desk Manager
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 27, 2014

While staff was pleasant and friendly when we checked in, thats where anything good just stopped. No a/c in the hallways (which were old, rundown, and dirty). A/C in our room did not work. Got very hot during the night. It worked for just a little while then would stop. Not much sleep cause had to keep getting up to try and fix it. Front desk didnt do anything to help. NEVER AGAIN would I stay here.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends

Candace Jenkins
Front Desk Manager
Savannah, Georgia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

Driving home we drove late until tired and ready to just find a place to sleep and then get up early and continue home. Unfortunately Quality Inn is not the definition of this place. After they asked us if we wanted smoking or not we requested no smoking and got a room that smelled like an ash tray and the furnishings looked rough. Gave us another room, no smoke smell but the carpet was wrinkled, the arm chairs worn and cigarette burns in the fabric. The place is dated and just needs to be closed and totally remodeled. If it wasn't late and just a place to sleep for 6 hours probably would have asked for a refund. Finally to cap off an already bad experience the motel sits so close to the interstate that if you are a light sleeper you will be kept awake by the passing trucks and other traffic. As my title says this is a Motel 6 with the light out. Actually Motel 6 would have been a better deal because it would have been half the price.

Room Tip: For any motel, if you are a light sleeper get a place not directly next to the interstate.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
qinm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley, responded to this review, June 19, 2014
Thank you for leaving a response. We always enjoy hearing our guest's feedback. It allows us to know the things we are doing right, the things we are doing wrong, and how we can best improve. I am terribly soory to hear that you were unhappy with your recent stay at our hotel. I have notified housekeeping and maintenance of the many issues that were addressed, so we are able to promptly address each one. As you are aware we are an older property , however we are in the process of rennovating and are excited for our guests to experience the end results. I appreciate the honesty of our guests so we can catch each issue as they arrise.
Fairfax, Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

I am a track coach and I took my team to stay at this hotel on Friday night. There were 12 of us including 5 adults. We had several rooms. Unfortunately my experience was not good. Honestly, the hotel should be re-named Low Qualify Inn. The hotel/motel is dingy and very out of date. It reaked of smoke in the lobby and my firt room was so smokey that I couldn't stay in it for a minute! I will say that the lady at the front desk was very kind and apologetic. I had to change rooms two more times after that and I know it wasn't her fault. I agree with other reviews... Management should probably change. My second room had a filthy/broken shower with debri on the floor and in the tub. My third room had a broken air conditioning unit that had been ripped from the wall and was laying on the floor in the middle of the room. Finally the 4th room was acceptable. It was clean enough and the A/C worked. It was dingy and the hotel was about 20 years old but finally I could lay down my bags and relax. The bed was decently comfortable. Another complaint I have is that the pool area was very dark and we had to request that the lights be turned on so our kids could safely swim. The lights should stay on until the pool closes.

On a good note the Johnny Appleseed restaurant had a delicious breakfast!

Honestly the fact that I had to change rooms so much and the poor condition of the rooms is completely unacceptable. It was an inconvenience and it is something I have never experienced in my life. I will not be returning to this hotel/motel

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
qinm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
I am terribly sorry that you did not have a pleasant stay at our hotel. It is always a disappointment to learn our guests are not satisfied. Please accept my sincerest apology. I would like to offer you a discount on your next visit, if you visit us again. Thank you again for leaving us your feedback.
chattanooga
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I would like to echo the opinion of the traveler who posted yesterday. I have been staying at this motel for at least twenty years, including twice in the last week (different rooms) for a total of three nights. I have noticed a marked decline in the condition of the rooms. Here is my summary:
The Good: The restaurant continues to offer outstanding, home-cooked food, especially the fried chicken, apple pie, complimentary fritters, and biscuits! However, for some reason they have discontinued providing apple butter for the latter, which is a shame. Service is excellent and prices are a good value, especially with the discount applied if you are staying there.
Check-in was fast and our rooms were clean. I feel that the cleaning staff are doing the best with what they have to work with. There were no bugs, and the beds were very comfortable.
The Bad: In our first room the air conditioner barely spit out any air at all. The AC units need to be either fully cleaned and repaired, or replaced entirely. The floor lamp did not work, and when I reported it, the front desk said that it would be replaced the next day. It was not. There was not adequate drainage in the bathtub while taking a shower, so by the time I finished I was standing in ankle-deep water. Not a big deal, but it took forever to drain out afterwards. And, management needs to consider overhauling every bathroom so there is ventilation. The bathroom becomes extremely hot (no AC coming in) and steams up immediately. Televisions: these need to be retired and put into the Smithsonian. Unlike just about every hotel I have stayed in in the past few years, they are not even flat screen, much less high-def. They are from the 1980's. In the second room we stayed in, the TV was barely watchable. The picture was dark and fuzzy. Also, in that bathroom, we had the same problem with the drain, but added to that, the temperature of the water was almost impossible to adjust, and with the shower activated, roughly 50% of the water continued to run from the faucet! And, there was a light bulb out in this room as well, making the area near the bathroom (where you hang your clothes) very dark at all times.
The BIG problem is that all of this costs $80 - $90 per night. I realize that times are tough for all businesses, but the place was filled both weekends I was there, and I think they better start trimming their profit margin in order to upgrade the rooms. As I said, I have always enjoyed staying here as the half-way point on my annual trip, but if things do not improve I will be forced to take my business elsewhere.

Room Tip: Avoid staying in the rooms near the interstate. They are quite noisy because of the traffic. I do no...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
qinm, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley, responded to this review, May 28, 2014
I would like to start by thanking you for taking the time to post a review and for being a loyal customer for such a long period of time. I always enjoy hearing our guest's feedback, positive and otherwise, as it lets us know what er are doing right, hat er are doing wrong, and how we can best improve. Its very dissapointing to learn you were not staisfied with your rent experiences at our hotel. We are in the process of rennovating our rooms and hope to get our new televisions in the very near future. Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope you will continue to visit us on your next trip.
Chicago, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

We were referred by a business that stated that the rooms were basic but clean. Management needs to inspect rooms 125 and 119. 125 smelled like an ash tray so we were given room 119. We walked in and the arm chair arms were torn and stained and the room smelled. We went to the front desk and were refunded our reservation. Yes it's a Memorial Day weekend and not many rooms to be had but there is no excuse to charge 80 dollars for this kind of decor. I would rather pitch a sleeping bag under the stars than pay money for anything of this caliber.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn Shenandoah Valley? Share your experiences!