“NICE, COMFY AND EXCELLENT SERVICE AT GOOD PRICE!!” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel El Maltese
Granada, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #26 of 35 Hotels in Granada
Managua, Nicaragua
“NICE, COMFY AND EXCELLENT SERVICE AT GOOD PRICE!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2011

I stayed at Hotel El Maltese with 3 friends for the festivities in August, even though the hotel was full, the attention was very personalized and Maria, who is the hotel manager, was such a nice lady who made us feel welcome at any time, always pending and open to respond our questions and she was really helpfull to organize our excursion to Ometepe Island and the touristic sites in Granada.

Rooms are very comfortable and clean, we stayed at the apartment. In the morning we could enjoy a beautiful sunrise ... breakfast was delicious with fresh fruits and natural juice, we tasted the pasta in the lunch after our tour in las isletas which incidentally was very very delicious ..!

Definitely, we will return to this charming hotel, very good service, fair price and good location ....excellent to enjoy beach walking...

Room Tip: At the apartment!!! It has the best view to the lake.. :D
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Nosara, Costa Rica
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2011

We booked the hotel based on reviews and pictures. When we arrived the staff was extremely helpful and very nice. However, we were assigned rooms 10 & 11 on the lower level. These rooms were full of mosquitoes and smelled very musty. The desk person sprayed the rooms for mosquitoes and then we had the smell of chemicals. Ultimately we paid for the room (and did not stay) and decided to move to a hotel that was closer to the downtown and without these issues.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2011

Very peaceful location and near to the terminal for ferry to Ometepe. Only 5-10 min. walk to city centre. Hotel staff was extremely welcoming, friendly and helpful! We took the ferry from Granada to Ometepe and Maria Luisa (the hotel manager) booked our hotel for us. Good information on Granada is also available. I loved the views to the lake and reading my book in the comfy hammock, after returning from our day trips. In summary we had a great time in Granada and very much enjoyed our 6 day stay in Hotel Maltese.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 23, 2010

We found this place off the planet travel guide. Their service was great and the people were very friendly. The hostess did a great job at giving us precise directions so that we never got lost while we were in Granada. There was a power shortage in the city while we were there. Our hotel was prepared and had an extra water tank where the hostess had brought us water in a bucket to take a shower. They let us use their computer and were very accommodating with our surfboards and vehicle. The place did have lots of knats all over the bottom floor, but I hardly noticed them since I never used the bathroom downstairs or the outside tables.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
San Jose, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2010

I have stayed in this hotel several times dating back 6 years. I have not been to the hotel in the past three years but I will have to admit that the owner and staff have remained unchanged. They continue to treat each guest as if he or she were the only person there. They are very attentative to individual needs and schedules. I had an early departure time on my final day and awoke before staff arrived to prepare breakfast. I was pleasantly suprised to be treated to a hot cup of tea until staff arrived served by the owner no less. I have looked at many hotels in Granada and none have a view like the Hotel El Maltese of Lake Granada, its located just outside of downtown which makes it very peaceful but easily accessable. The hotel has an Italian menu as well as a typical Nicaraguan menu, and any choice is excellent. Please, if you find yourself anywhere near Granada, Nicaragua do yourself a favor and stop in and visit Mr. Amaducci and the Hotel El Maltese, you will not be sorry you did.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
Burbank
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2010

Words cannot describe how incredible my stay was at Hotel El Maltese. It was the highlight of my trip. I wish I had know about this gem before I arrived in Nicaragua...I would have planned to stay longer!

First of all the staff was AMAZING. They were kind, welcoming, and made me feel like I was part of the family. As a solo traveler...that was crucial!

Second, the food was phenomenal! Homemade pasta, amazing breakfast, fresh juice....made to order anything you could want.

Third, the rooms were gorgeous. There is a lovely lovely deck area on the second floor that is a dream. I slept, relaxed and enjoyed every minute of my time on one of the hammocks on the deck. Plus the view. Let's talk about the view! This hotel overlooks the water and the view is spectacular. You have a walking path right across the street from the hotel and it is tucked away from the major hustle and bustle of Granada.

This hotel is truly a great find. I loved every minute of my stay and the PRICE was perfect. I would recommend this hotel to everyone! It is a must if you are visiting Granada.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Sarnia, ON, Canada
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2010

We booked this hotel for the first 5 nights of our stay in Granada. We booked in June and had an e-mail from the manager confirming the reservation.

When we arrived, nobody could find our reservation (I showed them the printed confirmation) and nobody there at the time could speak English. In our fractured Spanish, we understood the manager or someone speaking English would be back later in the afternoon. We arranged to leave our luggage and walked into town for lunch and wandered around.

When we returned a few hours later, there was still nobody there who could speak English or find our reservation.

We did look at a room, but it was not what we had requested or reserved. We had asked before reserving about hot water showers and were told yes, they had them, but when we looked at the room, the staff person told us there was no hot water here.

At this point, we chose to leave and go to the hotel we had booked for the last 2 nights of our trip (Hotel Colonial right on the central square which was an excellent choice although more expensive).

We chose El Maltese based on other traveller's reviews, but would not recommend it to others because of our experience.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel El Maltese? Share your experiences!