“A classy place at a fair price” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Patio del Malinche

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Granada
Hotel Patio del Malinche
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   Calle Caimito | de Alcaldia 2 1/2c. al lago, Granada 0000, Nicaragua   |
Ranked #5 of 35 hotels in Granada
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“A classy place at a fair price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

Our family of 5 spent 2 nights at this hotel in July (2 adults in one room and 3 kids in the one next to us). We had been traveling around Nicaragua for 3 weeks and this was our first "nicer" place. We were pleased with our room, shower (not hot but ok), and pool. The breakfast was terrific and the computer convenient. The staff was so helpful in planning what to do in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

462 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Seattle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

Spent 3 nights at this lovely spot-wonderful hospitality, great breakfasts, comfortable and clean (if a bit small) rooms, super for lounging on a hammock with a Cuba libre after a busy day around Grenada. Perfect location just off the posada for a great night life without the noise. The owners and staff go out of there way to make you feel at home. I had two teenagers with me who routinely slept past breakfast- even after the staff had cleaned up and out it all away they were warmly greeted and offered the whole menu once again. They connected us with Grenada Mia-a tour company that also took great care of us and made the stay even better than I could have imagined.

Room Tip: No restaurants or fitness center but there's a pool-we preferred the first floor b/c of the hamm...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Santa Teresa, Puntarenas, Costa Rica
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

A lovely place to stay. The rooms are a bit small, but very clean and accomplished, the patio and the swimming pool are so nice and relaxing. The breakfast is huge and the food high quality. The staff and the owners are very kind and helpful. The hotel is very close to calle Calzada and Parque Central, but in a quiet street. Perfect to chill out.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2012

It think if we had only stayed here, we would have thought it was great. But we were sent here by Hotel Con Corazon after staying there for a while (they said it was their 'sister hotel') since a large party had completely booked the place up for our last night in town. Anyway, compared to HCC, this place is more expensive and has a lot less character. It's hard to say anything bad about it since they seemed nice and even gave us breakfast to go when we had to leave early the next day. But since it's impossible not to compare: it's not in as good of a part of town, it's not nearly as aesthetically interesting (there's literally no art, color, or decor in the whole place as you can see from the pics--it's not bad it's just all beige and plain), bathrooms are smaller, the common areas aren't as nice, and there is no smiling welcome party to greet you. To top it off, your money is not going to support a nonprofit organization, as with HCC. Again, these places are ranked #1 and #2 so I'd say they're both doing a LOT of things right. But for my tastes, I think I would always choose the other one over this.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
westby
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2012

We felt very safe in this hotel. The people working here were very helpful and eager to help. Lidia and Ramon, the owners, were very nice. I really liked a drink called "Cacao" and asked him where I could get it. He told me that he was going to get it at the market! I couldn't believe it! Now I have "cacao" at home and can't wait to make some. Isaura, the receptionist was very nice, and a lot of her recommendations were great. Maribel, our young waitress had a beautiful smile, which it was a nice way to start our day, plus the wonderful breakfast and great coffee. Alvaro, was also a nice kid working together with Maribel at times. And Claudia, the excellent cook and maker of the incredible fruit salads! Next time I visit Granada with my family or a friend, I will stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 17 and it was very quiet!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012

I was very happy staying at this hotel. The hotel is lovely and there is a pool on the premises. There is a (small) HD TV in the room, air conditioning and hot water, which is really necessary in July. The only thing the room didn't have, which I would have benefited from, is a telephone because I received a phone call from the U.S. every night and had to go down to the reception area to take the call. I also liked the fact that breakfast was served until 10 a.m., not just until 9 a.m. The breakfast choices were great. And would you believe, I walked the sole off of one of my sneakers and Ramon offered to get it fixed for me. I didn't have to spend time looking for someone to repair my shoe. Now how is that for service???!!! The location is also great! Just around the corner from the Calle Calzada, the happening street in Granada!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Grecia, Costa Rica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2012

I used TA to guide me in my decision where to stay when I had to do a visa run recently, and the choice of Hotel Patio del Malinche was perfect for me. To start with, the reservation was friendly and easy to do through their website, and upon a late arrival, a smiling receptionist welcomed me and showed me to a very comfortable Room #4 just outside the pool area. Aircon and fan worked well, hot water shower was great, and the cleaning staff did and excellent job. I enjoyed a great desayuno tipica or American style breakfast, all included with fresh juice and coffee. The location was convenient to all points in Granada, and the famous la calzada was just a block away. The Owners and staff could not have made my trip more pleasant, and I will certainly return.

Room Tip: The second storey rooms have a better view of the volcano.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled solo

Been to Hotel Patio del Malinche? Share your experiences!